Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Dressing Up In Style

What kind of cases are you getting for your new PRS-350 and PRS-650? Are there any cool aftermarket cases that you would recommend?
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I'm probably in the minority, and I have yet to see it in person, but I actually like the look of the new sony covers. They kind of look like an old journal or hardback without the dustcover
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I'm probably in the minority, and I have yet to see it in person, but I actually like the look of the new sony covers. They kind of look like an old journal or hardback without the dustcover
nice. Then I am not alone
Although I got a bit concerned because people say that when you flip the cover it looks crooked I will have to wait and see.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
nice. Then I am not alone
Although I got a bit concerned because people say that when you flip the cover it looks crooked I will have to wait and see.
You can get a fairly good idea by looking at them on the Sony Style website. I just looked at the 350 since that's the one I'm getting. The blue one only shows the front and back covers, but if you click on the pink color of the 350 it also shows the inside and the inside folded over in addition to the front and back covers, so that will give you a better idea on how it will work.
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
lord_blackfang
Enthusiast
lord_blackfang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-600
Gonna wait for an Eco-nique hemp case.
lord_blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Accordingly to the pics it looks OK.
Cover for 650 they made a mistake I think. The third pic that shows the cover fully open with the reader has a very thick plastic trunk. I think it is a pic of a cover with built-in light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	650 cover error.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	58181  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_blackfang View Post
Gonna wait for an Eco-nique hemp case.
I wish I liked this type of cases. There is such a big variety of them.
Unfortunately, only original Sony cases work for me.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 AM   #8
pikelet
girl from oz
pikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300, Cybook Gen3
I don't like the new Sony covers much either, but I don't want a cover with corner strips to get in the way of the stylus and volume buttons. So unless someone comes out with an aftermarket case that uses the spine clips, I think I'm going to get one of the Oberon Designs 4.75" x 7" journal covers and some clear velcro adhesive strips and see how that goes for the 650.
pikelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
If anybody's interested in M-Edge cases for the new models, get in touch with them and let them know. From what I gathered from their reply to my enquiry, they don't seem to have any plans for new cases at the moment, but are taking note of interest.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Don't think i'm buying an extra case.
Currently using the cases shipped with 505 and 900.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I use the case that came with my PRS-505. It is a significant improvement over the case that came with my PRS-500. Its easy to take on and off, and it looks much better. I haven't felt the need to get another case for my ereader.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I sold my 505's to a very grateful forum member about six months or longer ago. I gave my 700 to my brother, who was very grateful too...while I still have one 505 cover, i don't think it will work on the new readers
Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #13
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Right now I am using the pouch that came with the PRS-300, but as soon as I see the regular cover for the PRS-350 in stores (the one w/o the light) I will buy it. I have the one for the PRS-300 and like it a lot.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
jaxx6166
Wizard

Squirsier, do the new readers have a different attachment point than the previous ones? It looks like it, but I can't tell for certain.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Squirsier, do the new readers have a different attachment point than the previous ones? It looks like it, but I can't tell for certain.
Attachment point? You mean the small holes to hook the book covers to it? If so, they're the same size.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote