Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #46
lancashirelady
lancashirelady began at the beginning.

Device: iriver
lancashirelady

hello
I have a iriver ereader today I bought a book from google ebooks. It told me the book was now in my eready but nothing there...............also it won't refresh my library......anybody help??
lancashirelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #47
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancashirelady View Post
hello
I have a iriver ereader today I bought a book from google ebooks. It told me the book was now in my eready but nothing there...............also it won't refresh my library......anybody help??
Ok, so when you say "it told me the book was now in my ereader" do you mean in your Google Library? Have you used a computer to check your Google Library to make sure the book is there? If it is indeed in your Google Library you can always download it to your computer and transfer it manually via USB.

Of course assuming you have a WiFi Story HD you should see the book after you refresh the library ( found in home page option menu). If you bought the book using the ereader than I assume you are signed in correctly, etc. If not then I would double check your log in info. And, to state the obvious, you need availability to a WiFi network.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #48
lipa33
lipa33 began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver story hd
Hello! I hope that I will be able to explain my problem, despite my inadequate English. In November I bought my iriver story hd, which is my first e-book reader. Everything has been working fine till now. Today I tried to enter my memory card. I have to confess that it wasn’t any of those cards recommended by producer. I don’t know what exactly happened. Some strange lines appeared on my screen(mostly grey and white). They’re covering the whole screen. I’ve pull memory card out, but nothing has changed. I’ve also tried to switch everything off or reset it – still no change. The only characteristic thing is that when I try something like this those lines move and change their colour(something akin to screensaver procedure). The next thing I’ve tried was connecting it with my computer. A single result was the change of colours – my computer and any other computers are no longer able to read it. I don’t know what is wrong and what to do next. Last time I used it was two weeks ago and really everything was fine. Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with it? By theway, it looks like this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...jcie0172f.jpg/

Last edited by lipa33; 09-03-2012 at 05:37 AM.
lipa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #49
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
It looks like a broken screen. If it is one you can't do anything yourself but have to send it in for repair.

And, welcome to MobileRead, even if you come here for such a sad reason!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #50
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipa33 View Post
Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with it? By theway, it looks like this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...jcie0172f.jpg/
Screen is cracked right in the middle (those curvy lines are the cracks).

If the electronics is OK you should still be able to connect USB and make a copy of your books if necessary. Please remember that when you hook up to USB, it shows a popup asking you wether to charge or go into usb storage mode. So after connecting the USB cable, you'll have to press down and then enter to select USB mode.

If that doesn't work then the electronics is cracked too.

Unfortunately cracked screens are not covered by warranty, as this kind of damage only happens when you excert force in some way (e.g. if you drop the device, or have it in a backpack with other heavy objects squashing the ereader, or you put it in a tight pocket etc.). Also the display is the most expensive component so repair won't come cheap.

Last edited by frostschutz; 09-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #51
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
I agree with frostschutz. Looks exactly like mine after I cracked it straight across the middle. Good for parts, but otherwise useless and certainly not worth repairing unless you find a screen dirt cheap.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #52
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
seems like the screen is very sensible. I got mine today (the older first model) but was away from home. Soon enough I'll now if all's right... crossing fingers!
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #53
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by samano View Post
I had checked with the seller and they told me that it is not uncommon to have some spoilt pixels on the screen. There is nothing they can help me with.

I checked with a black and white image and found that the pixels are actually inverted!
When it is supposed to be black it will display white. When it is white, it will display black.

I wondered if there is anyway i can "Revert" back these pixels.
hah, how lame! It seems I'm with same problem as samano.

Little black pixels, so tiny they look like mere dirt powder spread over the screen. There's not many, about 5, though it's kinda like counting stars: it's only when you start that you start noticing how many little ones are there next to the bigger.

not much distracting, though you know they are there, but I'm worried if they'll grow in number over time...

*edit*
hmm, found this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...en+dead+pixels

from the pictures I'd guess it's about to be expected...

Last edited by Namekuseijin; 09-05-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote