Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah that's a bug, i'll upload a fixed version in a little bit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
No 64bit here. Intel Mac Mini running Kubuntu.

$calibre
HUH? Don't like OS X?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #18
RJ_Cruze_Jr
RJ_Cruze_Jr is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah that's a bug, i'll upload a fixed version in a little bit.
Cool -- I found a bug
RJ_Cruze_Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #19
illadel
illadel began at the beginning.

I'm not able to start Calibre, here's the output:
Quote:
todd@core2duo:~/Desktop/calibre-0.4.84b1-i686> ./calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 7, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 327, in importHook
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 384, in doimport
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 222, in getmod
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/archive.py", line 415, in getmod
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 83, in getmod
ImportError: /home/todd/Desktop/calibre-0.4.84b1-i686/PyQt4.QtCore.so: undefined tringS2_
illadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadel View Post
I'm not able to start Calibre, here's the output:
unfortunately the binary distribution is not supported on 64bit linux. You'll have to wait till the release and compile from source (i dont have a 64bit machine).
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
HUH? Don't like OS X?

BOb
Who does
Old 08-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Updated the betas to fix the add books bug
Old 08-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #23
illadel

I'm not running 64 bit
Quote:
todd@core2duo:~/Desktop/calibre-0.4.84b1-i686> uname -a
Linux core2duo 2.6.22.18-0.2-default #1 SMP 2008-06-09 13:53:20 +0200 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Old 08-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm in that case I'm stumped. What distro are you running?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #25
illadel

This machine is running OpenSuse 10.3
Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

and the old version of calibre works? Did you use the binary of the old version or the easy_install?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #27
illadel

I used the "Distro Neutral" install of 0.4.83
Old 08-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #28
illadel

Here's the output from my notebook, it won't start on this machine either. The notebook is running Kubuntu 8.04.
Quote:
tbaker@tbaker:~/Desktop/calibre-0.4.84b2-i686$ ./calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 7, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 327, in importHook
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 384, in doimport
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 222, in getmod
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/archive.py", line 415, in getmod
File "/home/kovid/build/pyinstaller/iu.py", line 83, in getmod
ImportError: /home/tbaker/Desktop/calibre-0.4.84b2-i686/PyQt4.QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZN24QXmlStreamEntityResolver13resolveEntityERK7QS tringS2_
Same thing?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What does

Code:
ls -l /opt/calibre/Qt*
give you (change /opt/calibre to whatever path you used for the installation).
Old 08-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #30
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
HUH? Don't like OS X?

BOb
OS X is OK, but Cupertino screwed up BSD just enough to piss me off - Joking!

I really like Apple hardware, but I prefer Linux. I've got my office mini set up to dual-boot Linux/OS X with the default being Linux. Either partition can run XP via VMWare, so I've got all my bases covered
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote