Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Terri_B
Terri_B began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO TOUCH
Unhappy Need Help with Adobe Editions Please

Hi, I am new here so I have no idea if this is where I post a message for help. Sorry if its not but I need some help and if you need to move this thread thats OK too.

I have had my KOBO TOUCH e-reader for about a year and a half and have purchased close to 300 books on KOBO. I am starting to having issues with my KOBO desktop and my e-reader so I decided to reset the e-reader to factory settings and just use Adobe Editions to store my books since they give you the option of picking which book you would like to upload to your e-reader. It has worked fine for the first 10 books that I uploaded but I was transfering 3 books over to Adobe Editions, 2 went over no problem but the 3rd kept giving me an error message. Which read:

unable to download .. error getting license .. server communication problem .. E_LIC_ALREADY FULFILLED BY ANOTHER USER

Since I do not share my AE account I don't understand the message. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Terri_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri_B View Post
Hi, I am new here so I have no idea if this is where I post a message for help. Sorry if its not but I need some help and if you need to move this thread thats OK too.

I have had my KOBO TOUCH e-reader for about a year and a half and have purchased close to 300 books on KOBO. I am starting to having issues with my KOBO desktop and my e-reader so I decided to reset the e-reader to factory settings and just use Adobe Editions to store my books since they give you the option of picking which book you would like to upload to your e-reader. It has worked fine for the first 10 books that I uploaded but I was transfering 3 books over to Adobe Editions, 2 went over no problem but the 3rd kept giving me an error message. Which read:

unable to download .. error getting license .. server communication problem .. E_LIC_ALREADY FULFILLED BY ANOTHER USER

Since I do not share my AE account I don't understand the message. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Check the Adobe ID used to currently authorize Adobe Digital Editions. If it is correct, contact the e-book provider to have the activation reset for the e-book. After the activation is reset, download the e-book again and it is associated with the account activated in Adobe Digital Editions.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Kobo forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Terri_B
Terri_B began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO TOUCH
Hi rdfry. I have checked and the ID is correct and also shows as authorized on my KOBO e-reader. What I couldn't understand is that I was moving 3 books over from AE to KOBO TOUCH at the same time. 2 moved over no problem but the 3rd. one got the error message. So the ID was authorized for 2 but not the 3rd. and yet all 3 books are of the same author and bought at on the KOBO site. I will get in touch with AE and see what they can do. Thanks so much.
Terri_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you will need to get in touch with Kobo, not Adobe for help with this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Hi rdfry. I have checked and the ID is correct and also shows as authorized on my KOBO e-reader. What I couldn't understand is that I was moving 3 books over from AE to KOBO TOUCH at the same time. 2 moved over no problem but the 3rd. one got the error message. So the ID was authorized for 2 but not the 3rd. and yet all 3 books are of the same author and bought at on the KOBO site. I will get in touch with AE and see what they can do. Thanks so much.
You need Kobo to reset the copy of this book so that you can download a new copy of it.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I have had this error as well. The only workaround I had was to allow kobo to download the book using the Kobo desktop. The only thing that changed for me was a new computer. Which I think is part of the identification process not sure though.

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember; ADE can work in two modes.

One is you do NOT setup an ADE account. That means that material you obtain is tied to that install of ADE; reinstalls on a different computer will not let you access the same DRM protected material.

The other is you setup an ADE account; then you can reuse that same userid / password on other computers and still access the same DRM protected material.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote