Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #31
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
okay i am using a kindle touch on 5.3.2 and i am apparently not doing this right because no custom fonts are being installed on my kindle. this is what my kindle drive looks like:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wcr3ah&s=6

i added the USE_ALT_FONTS txt file and the fonts folder, ejected my kindle and then restarted it. please let me know what i'm doing wrong thank you

Last edited by heatherlynn; 02-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
okay i am using a kindle touch on 5.3.2 and i am apparently not doing this right because no custom fonts are being installed on my kindle. this is what my kindle drive looks like:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wcr3ah&s=6

i added the USE_ALT_FONTS txt file and the fonts folder, ejected my kindle and then restarted it. please let me know what i'm doing wrong thank you
Remove the .txt extension of USE_ALT_FONTS so it's has none.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #33
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

how do i do that? sorry i'm a little dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff lol
Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Here's a link to a proper alt fonts file, if that helps. The link is courtesy of user xtine, they were nice enough to share it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=50
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #35
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

yes! thank you very much to the both of you you guys were a big help!
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #36
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
If anybody needs to edit font names (such as postscript name, font family name, typeface name etc) because one wants to install different subsets of the same font - there's no need to install a full fledged font editor. There's a small free java utility that does the job and is just about a megabyte in size.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ttfedit/
Looks abandoned but works. Tested on Ubuntu font family.
MaxStirner is offline   Reply With Quote