Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
varmemester
Connoisseur
varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & Sony PRS-950
Is there a way, through calibre, to quickly find out which books are DRM'ed?

As the title says. I found this guide to to do it in iTunes:
http://www.appletell.com/apple/comme...ooks-have-drm/

Can something similar be done in calibre?

Thx all and have a nice weekend!!
varmemester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Yes, simply try to open the book with the Calibre viewer. If it's drm'd it will say so.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
varmemester
Connoisseur
varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & Sony PRS-950
thx for reply,

will it say it in a pop up window or under info/metadata?
I have opened some books but don't know where to look? Or maybe they are just not drm'ed?

Last edited by varmemester; 11-12-2010 at 10:40 AM.
varmemester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmemester View Post
thx for reply,

I have opened some books but don't know where to look? Or maybe they are just not drm'ed?
If you can read the book, it is not DRM infested.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmemester View Post
thx for reply,

You will get a pop up window in the viewer instead of your book.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
MichaelMSeattle
Enthusiast
MichaelMSeattle began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505/600
I created a tag called "Purchased" that I apply to all my paid and DRM'd books. You could do something similar so you could then use the tag filter properties.
MichaelMSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 AM   #7
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMSeattle View Post
I created a tag called "Purchased" that I apply to all my paid and DRM'd books. You could do something similar so you could then use the tag filter properties.
So simple, yet so effective - thanks!
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote