Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
Nullerkrudt
Nullerkrudt began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Missing pages after transfer

I have transferred af Epub book from Calibre to a Nook device, and I'm missing pages, have tried to read the book from Calibre, no problems.
Don't know if it's a Calibre problem or at Nook problem.
Nullerkrudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The book likely has an error that is being ignored by Calibre which is not uncommon. I suggest you run ePubcheck against the file.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullerkrudt View Post
I have transferred af Epub book from Calibre to a Nook device, and I'm missing pages, have tried to read the book from Calibre, no problems.
Don't know if it's a Calibre problem or at Nook problem.
Most likely, it is a BOOK problem

Calibre is very forgiving
Nook is very picky

Validate and fix those errors found. THEN adjust again for known Nook quirks (limitations).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
A nook device uses RMDSk (ADE) and that can have pages not show with errors in the code. I've made errors before and not had the text show properly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote