Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle Fire Fast Charger

I just received my Kindle Fire Fast Charger. The instructions say: "Power adapter designed only for use with Kindle E Ink and Fire Devices."

That seems to imply I can use it with all the following devices:

Kindle Keyboard 3rd Gen WiFi
Kindle Fire
Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Fire HD 7 32 Gb.

Thus, all my other chargers appear to be obsolete now. Is that true?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I just received my Kindle Fire Fast Charger. The instructions say: "Power adapter designed only for use with Kindle E Ink and Fire Devices."

That seems to imply I can use it with all the following devices:

Kindle Keyboard 3rd Gen WiFi
Kindle Fire
Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Fire HD 7 32 Gb.

Thus, all my other chargers appear to be obsolete now. Is that true?
What I have read about this charger, the answer to your question is yes. It has almost exactly
one amp more power than the standard charger.

When I get mine I plan to use it for my k3 also.

It maybe fun to see if it will charge your k3 faster than the standard charger that came with it.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The rating on the adapter is

input 100-240 V 50-60 Hz 0.3 Amp
output 5.0 V 1.8 Amp

This is identical to the rating of the charger that came with my original Kindle Fire. I have used that to charge a Kindle 3 and also to charge my cell phone.

This is a nicer design than the original KF adapter, and it is a plus in my view that it does not come with a USB cable. The built in cable on the old 1.8 Amp adapter was very cheezy.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote