Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
South Florida Meet-Up! Who's In?

Hey South Floridians!! SolRaven and I want to meet you and put some faces with some names. Everyone bring your readers and it is a great opportunity to try out a lot of different devices. I'll have my iPad for you to put through the paces.

Tim and I will be at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea for the whole month of June. So suggest some dates during that time and let's choose a date.

Also, if the SW coasters want to join in, we could maybe meet somewhere mid-state? An hour drive from either coast is not a bad drive. When we had our Southeast meet-up, it was in Ala, but 2 hrs drive from home, and we had people from GA and MS who drove even farther. Something to think about.

And what shall we do? Restaurant is easy, but if anyone has the energy to organize, for instance, a beach cookout or whatever, that would be great. Or I could check with our hotel and see if we could have a party by the pool and use the grills. BTW, our absolutely favorite place to eat is The Rustic Inn at Griffin Road at Hollywood, but it is sort of expensive and might not be the best idea for everyone.

SO THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO FIRST:

1. Choose a date
2. Chose a location

Don't be shy! We already know each other from MR and so it is more like a family reunion without the guilt. It will be loads of fun!

Big Hugs!

Bambi
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You interest me strangely! June is fairly open for me work-wise. Will have to Google map your locations and begin plotting. Count me tentatively in.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You interest me strangely also, but mostly strangely.

I think it would be fun!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
You interest me strangely! June is fairly open for me work-wise. Will have to Google map your locations and begin plotting. Count me tentatively in.
Everything interests you strangely, you silly cluck! Why else are you always staring at the sky?

I wish I could come, DG. But I can barely spell Phlooreduh much less find it on a map.

And speaking of apéros (apéreaux??), I haven't seen an announcement for this minute's Paris event, yet. Zee must be sick or something.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 04-24-2010 at 07:29 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!

That would have been fun! What's a beach party without a puppy to play catch with?
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
And speaking of apéros (apéreaux??), I haven't seen an announcement for this minute's Paris event, yet. Zee must be sick or something.
it's planned for june. paris is easier to spell than phlauridah, maybe you could come to ours ?

since i can't spell pfhloureedar either, i hope you'll give us a detailed report of the festivities !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!

Is anyone interested? Anybody? Not even for just a simple meal? C'mon, I know you are out there... Hello?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!

I know why Zelda won't come.... She doesn't like the giant flying cockroaches!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
understatement of the millenium. :shudder:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They make great cat toys! Take a lickin' and keep on tickin'
Old 04-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

But the massive infestation of pythons ought to start to eat up the giant flying cockroaches, wouldn't you think?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
But the massive infestation of pythons ought to start to eat up the giant flying cockroaches, wouldn't you think?
AND the cats!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
AND the cats!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Can't make it, Dixiegal. I'll be in Orlando just before New Years, though...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote