Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Sony Connect software

Has anyone tried to run the Sony connect software off a usb thumbdrive? My thought process is that since I only keep a PC around for certain tasks I normally dont travel with one. However If I had the software on my thumbdrive I can plug into any PC and download books and transfer them via usb to my 505.

Also once downloaded do you have to use the software to transfer them or can you just drag and drop the titles individually?? (I use a mac and would like to just drag and drop from the thumbdrive)
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Has anyone tried to run the Sony connect software off a usb thumbdrive? My thought process is that since I only keep a PC around for certain tasks I normally dont travel with one. However If I had the software on my thumbdrive I can plug into any PC and download books and transfer them via usb to my 505.

Also once downloaded do you have to use the software to transfer them or can you just drag and drop the titles individually?? (I use a mac and would like to just drag and drop from the thumbdrive)
I can't see that it would work... Since the PC is authorized you would need to be running it on the authorized PC in order to read/transfer books to it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
I tried to install the older Connect software under WINE on Linux. It wants some very specific install information. If I remember correctly it checks your Windows version as well as a specific directory structure to install the software.

I was unable to get this working which leads me to believe it would be even harder to install on a thumb drive that you could carry from system to system.

I haven't looked very closely at what info Sony uses to determine if your PC is authorized but as Pilotbob said in the last comment I am sure that would be a challenge with the thumb drive as well.

I wish Sony would just create the software for Macs. A lot of us here at MobileRead have been asking for it for a looooong time.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote