Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
mathewdaniel
Banned
mathewdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there any way to make my creation secured from getting ripped off?

I have written one book on fiction. I want to publish it now so that everyone can come across my creation but I have one issue that someone can copy my creation which I don’t want so can anyone help me out to make my creation secured from getting ripped off.
mathewdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:17 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewdaniel View Post
I have written one book on fiction. I want to publish it now so that everyone can come across my creation but I have one issue that someone can copy my creation which I don’t want so can anyone help me out to make my creation secured from getting ripped off.
You will find it hard to get people to read your book. You shouldn't worry about finding ways to stop them doing so. Obscurity is the main problem of new writers.

You might find these columns by Eric Flint of interest.

http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/principle
http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/salvos2
http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/salvos3
http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/salvos4
http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/salvos5
http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/salvos6
http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/salvos7
http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/salvos8
http://www.baens-universe.com/articl...ics_of_Writing
http://www.baens-universe.com/articl...-a-Poke_Factor
http://www.baens-universe.com/articl...ing_the_dodo_a
http://www.baens-universe.com/articl...r_of_Symbiosis
http://www.baens-universe.com/articl...of_Transitions
http://www.baens-universe.com/articl..._Search_Engine
http://www.baens-universe.com/articl..._Illegal_Greed
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum mathewdaniel.
I've moved your post because it was in the uploaded book sections, but didn't contain an upload.
You could try publishing via Lulu.com
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
davidbrigham
Banned
davidbrigham began at the beginning.

Device: none
Re:

I too think that this can happen that someone can steal your ideas and can make them his own but there is one way to save your work from getting it ripped off. You can do copyright of your work. There is an online service nuked which will copyright your work to make it safe from any duplicity.
Best of luck.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 01-15-2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: link deleted - spam/scam
davidbrigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That website charges a fee. But writers automatically have copyright in their written works. The problem is in actually asserting it.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbrigham View Post
I too think that this can happen that someone can steal your ideas and can make them his own but there is one way to save your work from getting it ripped off. You can do copyright of your work. There is an online service XXXXX which will copyright your work to make it safe from any duplicity.
Best of luck.
That site is a scam.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #7
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewdaniel View Post
Don't publish it.
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
To anyone who reads this thread and is interested in getting a book copyrighted or published:

BEWARE and BE AWARE of any person linking to a website who does not inform you that he or she is associated with that website - AND fails to disclose that money needs to be transacted.

A website and/or individual who fails to advise you of this basic information is someone or something to avoid.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-16-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: For clarification and further emphasis
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
We have had a couple of these... one guy posts a question or something that appears to be one, and then later registers again to "answer" it with a link to a scam site. It seems to be all the same guy coming from an Indian IP.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Not wanting to give them any hints, but it would be a better scam if the guy making the request sounded a bit less like a pimply fourteen year old who just wrote the "best robot sex slave pirate adventure manga superhero story EVER" and wanted to publish it for a fortune and is afraid that some lousy publisher is going to rip him off and not give him a dime...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Would also help if the first and second puppet didn't sound so much alike
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Not wanting to give them any hints, but it would be a better scam if the guy making the request sounded a bit less like a pimply fourteen year old who just wrote the "best robot sex slave pirate adventure manga superhero story EVER" and wanted to publish it for a fortune and is afraid that some lousy publisher is going to rip him off and not give him a dime...
Now I want to read "best robot sex slave pirate adventure manga superhero story EVER"...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what ?? no ninjas ???? pfff, forget it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I have one on Robot Ninja slaves, but am afraid that pirates will steal it.

Pirates... get it? it works on like 3 different levels here

lol
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I have one on Robot Ninja slaves, but am afraid that pirates will steal it.

Pirates... get it? it works on like 3 different levels here

lol
pfff !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterably silly