Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #16
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
I can't remember what I did - it was a while ago and I can't seem to find that script. Anyway, I know I modified the script and also created a mountpoint after I made mounted root r/w. I just messed with it until it worked - isn't that what everybody does?
Make sure if you modify the scripts you don't do it in Windows as you will get the wrong line endings in the file - use Linux instead.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #17
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I would but shell scripting is wayyyy out of my league. I can barely do hello world in python lol. Does anyone have their working script?
chr1st0ph3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #18
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
I can't seem to find my script any more. Post the script you have and the exact error message(s), maybe it will come back whats wrong?

maybe this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
rm /dev/loop/debian
mknod -m0660 /dev/loop/debian b 7 250
echo "[*] Mounting Rootfs..."
mount -o loop=/dev/loop/debian,noatime -t ext3 /mnt/base-us/debian.ext3 /mnt/debian
echo "[*] Preparing Filesystem..."
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/debian/dev
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/debian/proc
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/debian/sys
mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/debian/dev/pts
mount -o bind /etc/mtab /mnt/debian/etc/mtab
#mount -o bind / /mnt/debian/kindle
#mount -o bind /mnt/base-us /mnt/debian/kindle/mnt/us
#mount -o bind /mnt/base-us /mnt/debian/kindle/mnt/base-us
echo "[*] Preparing Network Connections..."
cp /etc/hosts /mnt/debian/etc/hosts
cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/debian/etc/resolv.conf
echo "[*] Starting Debian shell..."
chroot /mnt/debian /bin/bash $@
echo
echo "[*] Unmounting Rootfs..."
#umount /mnt/debian/kindle/mnt/us
#umount /mnt/debian/kindle/mnt/base-us
#umount /mnt/debian/kindle
umount /mnt/debian/etc/mtab
umount /mnt/debian/dev/pts
umount /mnt/debian/dev
umount /mnt/debian/proc
umount /mnt/debian/sys
umount -d /mnt/debian
echo "[*] Debian unmounted."
what I did was create a mount point on the kindle, /mnt/debian, then it worked? You must do this only once by remounting the kindle root read/write. Debian is mounted to base-us instead of base for an important reason, I just don't remember what. ***Write down changes you make so you can refer to exactly what you did, step by step.*** <- ask me how I know

Last edited by brianinmaine; 08-01-2013 at 05:46 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #19
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Brian, you cut off your beard!

@chr1st0ph3rc Err. yeah. have to make that mountpoint. or adjust the script to expect it somewhere else that is mountable like in /mnt/us/

Let me know if you got it going.

You would need https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=43 for the lib that was missing IIRC

and

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195702 does indeed have MANY of the likely questions that might be asked, answered.

I can even dredge up a WAaaaay more recent image probably at a pinch.
K. Hope you get it sorted.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote