Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #16
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
I have up graded but nothings seems to be different (??)
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalnath View Post
der is some prob in installing ios 6.1 in ipad 3, its taking too long and then not being installed.. suggest if sombody have faced d same prob
Do it with iTunes. Sometimes that happens.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I'm very happy with this release. Battery life on my iPhone 5 has improved tremendously, and I now get about 9-10 hours of use per full charge.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
Faterson
pokrıvač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs down

One thing that is absolutely horrible about iOS 6 is that the Mail app is no longer as reliable as it used to be. It's a highly primitive mail app (I wish there was an alternative, but Sparrow is even worse), but at least it used to have that one quality until iOS 5: it was super-reliable.

Ever since I upgraded to iOS 6.1, it periodically happens to me that emails (usually those with attachments) remain stuck in the Mail app's Outbox, refusing to get sent. Lots of users are complaining about this. Nothing helps under such circumstances: force-quiting the Mail app, or even resetting the whole iPad. The message(s) just remain stuck in the Outbox, making the sending of emails impossible. You then need to start fiddling around with switching Airplane Mode on/off, switching cellular data on/off, hoping and praying this will resolve the issue. You typically also need to manually delete the email you wished to send, with no hope of recovering it later on.

What's even worse, the Mail app now fakes and cheats the user about the email having actually been sent. Up until iOS 5, the "swooshing" sound only was heard when the email actually left the Outbox. That was very nice: you knew the message was sent successfully. In iOS 6, the "swooshing" sound is heard immediately, as soon as you press the "Send" button -- but it's just cheating; the message may well still be in the Outbox, struggling to get out. Which means I can now no longer rely on the "swooshing" sound as confirmation, but need to check manually every time if the email actually got sent off.

Apple gets a huge from me for the way the Mail app is no longer reliable in iOS 6. So now it's not only primitive and feature-poor, but unreliable to boot.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #20
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I got a notification this morning that iOS 6.1.1 was ready to install on my iPhone. According to the description it corrects cellular reception problems on the iPhone 4S, so maybe it's specific to that model? Nothing on my iPad so far.

As usual, I'll wait a bit before I upgrade.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #21
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
oh silly me! I forgot i had jailbroken so i started the update (which failed, of course) and now I have to restore, instead. Oh well, the JB wasnt a big deal, I installed a couple of things I promptly forgot about, wont bother again. Bit annoyed about now losing my spot in my book. Another reason to continue using iBooks instead of other things. at least I could have had a bookmark in the ipad... which would then directly translate to the iphone. These things are sent to try us.

[Edit] Never mind... I dont know if its because I encrypted my backups (probably) but even my Stanza bookmark was saved. back to where I want to be

Last edited by kyteflyer; 02-15-2013 at 11:10 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
Will Stanza suffer from the move from 5.1.1 to 6.1 (ipad 2)?

Last edited by foosion; 02-17-2013 at 08:39 PM.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #23
Faterson
pokrıvač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Yes, Stanza will suffer from that move. 3 out of 4 Settings buttons will stop working.

However, just forget about Stanza on the iPad. Stanza already has the successor: Marvin. Marvin is not just Stanza's successor, but today it's already much, much better than Stanza ever was. You will find virtually everything you love about Stanza, in Marvin. Check it out here:

http://bit.ly/GetMarvin
http://www.marvinapp.com
http://www.marvinapp.com/whatsnew.html
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #24
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
if you're using iPhone 4s then 6.1.1 is the new one
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
now 6.1.2
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Did an OTA upgrade to 6.1.2 with no glitches.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #27
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Yes, Stanza will suffer from that move. 3 out of 4 Settings buttons will stop working.

However, just forget about Stanza on the iPad. Stanza already has the successor: Marvin. Marvin is not just Stanza's successor, but today it's already much, much better than Stanza ever was. You will find virtually everything you love about Stanza, in Marvin. Check it out here:

http://bit.ly/GetMarvin
http://www.marvinapp.com
http://www.marvinapp.com/whatsnew.html
I never really use Stanza, but somehow it is one reason I haven't allowed my iPod Touch to update to 6.x. I just like having it as a 'reference' app that I can easily compare to other reading apps. Also Marvin is not yet available for iPhone form factors so it is not a replacement there.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #28
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lately it seems I can't get my iPad 3 to shut up. I think it's probably linked to one of the recent updates. It seems that each different type of sound has to be shut off separately by using the side buttons while the sound is heard. That's practically impossible to do, e.g. for the e-mail received sound. It's very annoying because I use my iPad in public places (at work and on the train) a lot. Even in the settings app I can't seem to find an option to shut off all sound.

Has anyone noticed this or am I imagining things?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Lately it seems I can't get my iPad 3 to shut up. I think it's probably linked to one of the recent updates. It seems that each different type of sound has to be shut off separately by using the side buttons while the sound is heard. That's practically impossible to do, e.g. for the e-mail received sound. It's very annoying because I use my iPad in public places (at work and on the train) a lot. Even in the settings app I can't seem to find an option to shut off all sound.

Has anyone noticed this or am I imagining things?
Settings, sounds lets you configure stuff.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #30
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Settings, sounds lets you configure stuff.
There's only one sound setting there, and it works only on one kind of sound, I guess system sounds. App sounds (or at least some apps' sound) can only be controlled using the side buttons when one of these apps is open. Lately it felt that even that was not working unless I operated the buttons while the app was making sound. But I was probably wrong, things seem to be functioning normally now, or at least the way they were before. It still doesn't seem like very good design to me but I'm used to it.