Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
The Best Media Streaming Apps for Your iOS device

Here is a Lifehacker article for the best media streaming apps for iOS devices.

LINK

I want to stream music and video from my PC to my iPhone and iPad. Any recommendations as to the best apps for that?
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I use Plex.
http://www.plexapp.com/
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I also use plex. Though I use it mostly with a mac mini, the ability to share the same repository with many clients and have rich metadata on all of them is great.

I was in Copenhagen a couple of months ago and being able to stream from home in Virginia was fantastic. There were some occasional buffering hiccups but that was probably due to the hotel's internet connection more than anything. Streaming to the ipad when travelling has generally worked quite well.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I am using Plex as well, the server end is free but you have to pay for the iOS app. If you have a Roku there is a Plex channel for that as well
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Here is a Lifehacker article for the best media streaming apps for iOS devices.

LINK

I want to stream music and video from my PC to my iPhone and iPad. Any recommendations as to the best apps for that?
Stream to me works great for me.

http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Question: can someone explain the difference between Plex and Air Video? I have ripped all my workout DVDs to my computer and use Air Video to stream them onto my iPad for use during my workout (there are too many to copy over onto the iPad itself). It works great but of course I have to be at home to use it. I *think* from what I read that I could use Plex remotely somehow? In other words, that if I am not at home, I can still stream my video? If so, that would be great. If not and I have misunderstood, what is the difference? Is Plex better than Air Video in some other way?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
You can use plex remotely (outside your wifi network at home) to stream your media. I think you can do that with airvideo also but it may take some manual router configuration to make it work.

But, plex's real advantage is the metadata details you get for your videos. Movies and tv shows are matched against internet databases by the plex media server. And, if you have home videos or more obscure unmatched commercial videos, you can enter the details yourself.

Plex also keeps track of watched/unwatched status and where you are in a tv series.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
I use Airplayer and it works well and the lite version is free.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote