Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Any IPOD Apps to track books read?

I looked at Next Read but not sure that's what I'm looking for. Has anyone come across anything to track books read?

Tx
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone
You might want to check out Delicious Library. I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it might be...
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Don't know about iPhone, but on my WM smartphone I use a text file and a spreadsheet.

Good Luck,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

I ended up trying Book Library, it seems ok, and certainly cheap enough, there's just not a category for Read. What I'm doing is attaching (- read) at the end of the titles. For 99 cents it'll do

Tx
Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Goodreads has a nice mobile page (no app) that I use when I'm shopping and can't remember if I've read a book or to add a book to my to read list.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Rob G.
Enthusiast
Rob G. doesn't litterRob G. doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
You might want to check out Delicious Library. I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it might be...
Delicious isn't available as an app any more and the app as it was only let you read the basic information from your Delicious Library program on the computer.
Rob G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
I use Evernote. It has clients for both Mac and Windows, plus a mobile app.
bookfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
I looked at Next Read but not sure that's what I'm looking for. Has anyone come across anything to track books read?

Tx
My suggestion is to setup a GoodReads account and then you have the perfect app, the web browser.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
SHOECHICK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My suggestion is to setup a GoodReads account and then you have the perfect app, the web browser.
I looked at goodreads, but it's blocked at work where I know I'll be doing a lot of my updating
Old 01-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
Another option is Indiebound. You can have your own lists there, as well as getting recommendations. It has both web and app interfaces.
bookfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
carminis
carminis is on a distinguished road

Device: none (yet)
hi,

since i also have a whole lot of paper books, i use the bookcollector by collectorz.com. it also has an ipod/iphone export...
carminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I just use librarything.com

Not a program, but its accessible anywhere you can go online. I paid for the lifetime membership and have unlimited book lists
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote