Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #1171
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@stealthpumpkin: Stable releases or snapshots?

A look at the log might be useful, too. Right after the failed update, enter ;dm in the search bar from the home screen, and PM me the log file it'll dump in the documents folder.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #1172
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Has anyone had success running 3dmaze? After putting it into the extensions folder it shows up as a menu item in kual, but when clicked all I get is my Main Screen back.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #1173
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
Has anyone had success running 3dmaze? After putting it into the extensions folder it shows up as a menu item in kual, but when clicked all I get is my Main Screen back.
what 3dmaze? I can't seem to find one on here?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #1174
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
It's on the wiki, IIRC it requires etcl, also somewhere on the kindle touch hacking page.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #1175
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
what 3dmaze? I can't seem to find one on here?
It's on the list attached to #3 (this thread) from twobob.
I had used one with the same name that I found on the *B4A forum and tweaked it to run on the nook simpletouch. I'd like to see it work on the PW.

What's etcl? A search for this brought zilch.

* Basic 4 Android - a program that can be used to create executable files for Android using(adapted) realbasic language.

Last edited by nypaulie; 01-12-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #1176
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
etcl is a programming (or is it scripting?) language. Download it from the etcl section of this age: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking and extract it to mnt/us to run 3dmaze.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #1177
nypaulie
Gātheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
etcl is a programming (or is it scripting?) language. Download it from the etcl section of this age: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking and extract it to mnt/us to run 3dmaze.
The eTcl file listed on that site (your link above) has this note:

eTcl does not seem to work on PW2 (5.4.2) - the binary fails with "Illegal instruction"

- and this is the unit (and firmware) that I want to run it on. Is there another version out there? Thanks!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:43 AM   #1178
icymoc
icymoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Exclamation KUAL ERROR

There is something wrong with the KUAL V2.2, Please see the screenshots attached. The model of my device is Kindle PW2 5.4.2 , and I haved installed the Jailbreak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KUAL ERROR.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	117898   Click image for larger version

Name:	KUAL ERROR 2.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	117899  
icymoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #1179
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@icymoc: For now, you need to use a snapshot of the development version on the PW2.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #1180
icymoc

Exclamation KUAL ERROR

@NiLuJe: Many thanks. If I need to re-jailbreak my PW2 with the development version of K5 JailBreak/All-in-one KUAL prerequisites?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #1181
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@icymoc: Nope. If you installed the prerequisites okay (which you did, given your previous screenshot ), just 'update' KUAL and you're done .
Old 02-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #1182
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
I understand that currently there is no way to change the minutes before standby timeout with KUAL (via Helper) apart from enabling/ disabling the screen saver, right? I have been trying to find a quick way to do this on a K4 today but to no avail...
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:47 AM   #1183
icymoc

Exclamation KUAL ERROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@icymoc: Nope. If you installed the prerequisites okay (which you did, given your previous screenshot ), just 'update' KUAL and you're done .
@NiLuJe: Many thanks, I have tried the development version of K5 JailBreak/All-in-one KUAL prerequisites, but the problem is going on. Why?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:01 AM   #1184
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@icymoc: Remove the extensions folder, try again with the snapshot, and post the full output (ie. the bottom of the screen, and what's shown when you click on the KUAL menu to get the full error report).
Old 02-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #1185
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Candidate 2.3.0

Hi folks,

so... now that we have the Mobileread Kindlet Kit, I guess that we should also refer to it as such.

I created a new branch that I called 2.3.0_candidate which includes those changes (plus a few minor refactorings and cleanups).

However, I also had to include a workaround, because strip.awk just doesn't seem to produce anything useful when run on my system (Ubuntu 12.04). I tried various things, but no matter how I call it, it will always result in a file that when run on the Kindle produces: nothing. I don't speak awk, and I have absolutely no clue why that happens, but it has to be fixed.

I would really appreciate it if the other devs could take a look. And please let me know what I did wrong!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified