Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
mdovell
Zealot
mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle DX
Where's the wsj recipe?

The free one seems to be missing from the latest version.
mdovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's because it stopped working.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's because it stopped working.
Is it being worked on by someone? I don't read it, but it's complex enough to be interesting.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not that I know off, which is why it was removed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not that I know off, which is why it was removed.
This one works well. It's very close to the non-free version, except the login is removed, I did some additional cleanup and I couldn't grab the front cover without being logged in, so I replaced it with a generic cover.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wsj_free.zip (2.1 KB, 188 views)
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
Morias
Morias began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This week I went looking for the wall street journal (free) recipe. Not being able to find it in the latest version of Calibre installed on my Windows 7 machine, I tried the version I have on Ubuntu which is older.

Because the Ubuntu version is an older version of Calibre it still had the recipe and on running the job it worked fine and created an ebook which is fully functional. As the recipe worked on the older version of Calibre, I tried copying the recipe to the Windows 7 machine which is running the latest version of Calibre. However, on running the recipe on the latest version of Calibre, the job basically stalls and appears that it will take several hours to complete.

I assume there is a technical reason why the recipe works on the older version of Calibre, but does not work on the latest version, but it may indicate there is an issue with a change to Calibre, rather than an inherent fault in the recipe.

I will try tonight the version that Starson17 attached.
Morias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morias View Post
I assume there is a technical reason why the recipe works on the older version of Calibre, but does not work on the latest version, but it may indicate there is an issue with a change to Calibre, rather than an inherent fault in the recipe.

I will try tonight the version that Starson17 attached.
I started with the non-free version. To my surprise, it worked quite well, once I removed the login code. I just cleaned up some more minor stuff and resubmitted it. (It should be in the next update).

I don't know if the original free version was closely based on the non-free version, but if it was, I see no reason why the older version should not have worked for you. Nothing I did was special to the version of Calibre or Win7. If you are really interested, it shouldn't be hard to compare the two recipes.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
Morias
Morias began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I don't know if the original free version was closely based on the non-free version, but if it was, I see no reason why the older version should not have worked for you. Nothing I did was special to the version of Calibre or Win7. If you are really interested, it shouldn't be hard to compare the two recipes.
Attached is the version of the recipe found in version 0.6.42 running on Ubuntu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wsj.recipe.zip (3.9 KB, 204 views)
Morias is offline   Reply With Quote