Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Nook Covers - Need Recommendations!

Hey Nook lovers! I just switched over yesterday from a Sony PRS-505 to a new shiny Nook, and I love it! Porting my ePubs from Sony to Nook was probably the easiest thing I've ever done, and I love that I can now read outside in sunlight without the screen fading. Sigh. Heaven.

The one annoying thing is that I can't find any BN stores in my area of LA (go figure) that have covers in store that I can look at before I buy. So, I'm going to have to buy a cover online. Can you recommend what you're using, and if you like it? I'd like to get some feedback from experienced Nook users before I drop $30 - $50 on a cover...

Thanks!
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I love my Industriell cover, got it for $29.95. It notches into your Nook so you don't have those bands around the corners. It's comfortable to hold and will easily fold back completely to read. The inside is a nice dark gray shade so I don't have to worry about getting it dirty like with some of the lighter covers.

The only downside, it did make my Nook heavier, I put it on the scale and with cover my Nook weighs in at 1 lb 1oz.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=30253

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykoffee View Post
I love my Industriell cover, got it for $29.95. It notches into your Nook so you don't have those bands around the corners. It's comfortable to hold and will easily fold back completely to read. The inside is a nice dark gray shade so I don't have to worry about getting it dirty like with some of the lighter covers.

The only downside, it did make my Nook heavier, I put it on the scale and with cover my Nook weighs in at 1 lb 1oz.

Linda
I'll be getting a nook soon and looked at that cover. How securely does it hold the nook? I worried about it popping out and I thought the tabs in back might drive me nuts.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
wallyworld
wallyworld began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (?)
Quote:

Linda
I second this...fits great....great looking...great feel. Very glad I got it.
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
I just got my Industriell cover and I really like it. The device is firmly attached in place and it looks amazing while protecting your nook. It is heavier than other covers but I don't mind.
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
wallyworld
wallyworld began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (?)
I have not tried many other covers, as they are not available to try at my local stores.....but....what others are saying make the nook "heavier" feels to me like more solid. The nook itself feels more solid than the kindle and that, I think, is a good thing.
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I have this cover - I can place it in the sleave that came with the nook when not reading.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I'll be getting a nook soon and looked at that cover. How securely does it hold the nook? I worried about it popping out and I thought the tabs in back might drive me nuts.

Secure, does not budge.

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
I also have the industrial cover and its fantastic.. also kinda... nerf-y on the inside so if you fold the cover back like I do its a good holding surface.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Thanks for all of the recommendations! I just bought an Industriell cover for my shiny nook, and am quite happy now. :-)
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #11
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:

Linda
I agree completely. I highly recommend the Industriell cover.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I have one of the silicone skins, but I bought the Industriell cover because I wanted something that would protect the screen. The Industriell cover is about 1.5 ounces heavier than the silicone skin. I prefer the feel of the Industriell cover over the silicone skin and I think it looks nicer. If you're really concerned about the weight, there is a version of the cover that doesn't have a back. I haven't compared them, but I suspect that the full cover might be more comfortable to hold.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 AM   #13
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just wonder whether the no-back-cover Industriell version could be used together with the silicone skin sold in eBay (in other words, does the silicone skin leave the holes opened for the Industriell clips?)

Last edited by bthoven; 04-08-2010 at 05:51 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #14
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Just wonder whether the no-back-cover Industriell version could be used together with the silicone skin sold in eBay (in other words, does the silicone skin leave the holes opened for the Industriell clips?)
I don't think so. My skin doesn't have holes for the clip. It looks like the backless Industriell cover has a bracket that goes along the entire left side of the nook. I don't think you could put the skin on over the bracket, nor could you fit the bracket over the skin.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
kylerk
kylerk began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have two covers and I'm very happy with both:

- For commuting and travel I have an M-Edge Latitude ($35) in black:
http://www.medgestore.com/products/nook-latitude.psp

- For home use I use switch over to the B&N leather Sinclair ($30) in Earth:
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Sinc...?cds2Pid=30261
kylerk is offline   Reply With Quote