Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
The Lost Symbol - May Contain Spoilers?

I thought about posting this in "Reading Recommendations" but was afraid of the backlash a possible spoiler might cause members.

Anyway - I want to make a thread here so we can discuss the book as we read. Don't forget what format you're reading!

I'll start. I'm at Kindle's 10% mark right now, or roughly Chapter 11. It feels like the suspense is starting to ratchet up...and so far I'm impressed and finding it worth the wait.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
10% done and already 11 chapters? Yeesh, I forgot how many his books have.

Carry on
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I read about three-four chapters before I tossed it aside with disgust. Such TERRIBLE writing (seemed a lot worse than The Davinci Code) and once it got to the new 'villain' - a member of a secretive group who looks strange and likes to hurt himself... I just gave up. I knew it wasn't going to be 'quality' but I was hoping a fun little read. But it was really too bad to keep going.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I had it figured out as soon as the prison scene was over. I didn't find this suspenseful, thrilling or even very entertaining. I enjoed the revelations of the symbology that Brown gives, but it was almost like he had symbols that he needed to write a story about. it didn't work
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Finished it. It was entertaining enough. I didn't buy it for the great writing.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wooppps... didn't see this thread. I create a Book Club (annex) thread in the Read Reco section based on Daffy's suggestion. I didn't see this thread.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote