Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
ruimacdonald
ruimacdonald began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Angry Problems with SW eBook Library / Sony PRS505

I Bought an eBook Reader from Sony the PRS505, it works wonderfuly, except the software eBook Library that comes along. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 (portuguese version) and have installed the sw on a Dir directly on the root "Sony Reader".

But I can't make the SW work, it stops and the system says that windows is trying to solve the problem, then it stops again and tells that windows have not found any solution!!!!!

I made all the rights ro the dir where installed the SW.

On my Desktop PC Windows XP Professional SPack 3 no problem at all, only on this portable computer Packard Bell BG47 3GB Ram and HDD 320 GB, all this stuff but the the sob of the sw doesn't work!

Can anybody help me!

Regards

Rui
ruimacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimacdonald View Post
I Bought an eBook Reader from Sony the PRS505, it works wonderfuly, except the software eBook Library that comes along. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 (portuguese version) and have installed the sw on a Dir directly on the root "Sony Reader".

But I can't make the SW work, it stops and the system says that windows is trying to solve the problem, then it stops again and tells that windows have not found any solution!!!!!

I made all the rights ro the dir where installed the SW.

On my Desktop PC Windows XP Professional SPack 3 no problem at all, only on this portable computer Packard Bell BG47 3GB Ram and HDD 320 GB, all this stuff but the the sob of the sw doesn't work!

Can anybody help me!

Regards

Rui
Check your DEP and make sure the Sony software is excluded. Also, I assume you are running it "As Administrator"

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
ruimacdonald
ruimacdonald began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Check your DEP and make sure the Sony software is excluded. Also, I assume you are running it "As Administrator"

BOb
Thanks! It's working.

Rui
ruimacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi ruimacdonald

Do you live in Portugal?

Best reagards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote