Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #8356
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
My condolences.

Ah yes. If I'd ever harboured dreams of staying grey-hair free and unstressed, having daughters was my wake up call...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #8357
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
My favourite* bumper sticker ever was "Hire a Teenager while they still know everything"

*we are fairly stumbling over oppertunies for variant spelling today .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #8358
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Sorry to break up the music fest, but I had to share this. The looks on some of their faces are priceless!

Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #8359
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Wow I love this. Any particular album you'd recommend?
I do, too! I discovered him many, many years ago when a shop was playing this song from the album of the same name (As the Water Flows). I was pulled into the shop by the music alone, and thought the owner was kidding when he said he'd worn out three cassettes already (told you it was a long time ago!).

So, I bought it on the spot, and promptly wore it out. I've gone through many cassettes because it wasn't available on cd. Finally, I found it on iTunes! The album at some point was renamed Buddha's Dream, but it has the exact same playlist as my long-ago cassette.

Riley Lee has a number of albums, and I have a couple of others; however, this song and this album are my favorite--not only of his but maybe of all my music.

http://www.komuso.com/people/people.pl?person=864
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #8360
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Kenny, if I remember correctly, don't you play a musical instrument? If so, pick up an American version of the Shakuhachi. There is a guy in Vermont who makes them and one in North/South Carolina too. Quite inexpensive ( Under $50. Compared with the Japanese ones that start around $500! I'm talking about ordinary straight bamboo, but cut for a pentatonic scale, rather than the fancy bamboo Japanese styles.) and as they are Pentatonic, you can make really pretty music without knowing any particular pieces. I used to take mine with me when backpacking, as it's the perfect 'sitting on the banks of the lake or river at night' sounds.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #8361
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Kenny, if I remember correctly, don't you play a musical instrument? If so, pick up an American version of the Shakuhachi. There is a guy in Vermont who makes them and one in North/South Carolina too. Quite inexpensive ( Under $50. Compared with the Japanese ones that start around $500! I'm talking about ordinary straight bamboo, but cut for a pentatonic scale, rather than the fancy bamboo Japanese styles.) and as they are Pentatonic, you can make really pretty music without knowing any particular pieces. I used to take mine with me when backpacking, as it's the perfect 'sitting on the banks of the lake or river at night' sounds.

Stitchawl
Yep. Will check it out! Thanks.
Will fit right in with my irish whistles and flutes

I have one of these which is a Low D poly Irish flute from Dixon instruments:

It has a similar register to the bamboo flute I think, but I definitely like the tone of the wood better. (being a long-term clarinet player e.g. since age 12 or so eeeek!)

I love my old fashioned Clarke tin whistle with the wood whistle stop. It has a great tone compared to the plastic mouthpieces.

Last edited by kennyc; 01-20-2013 at 09:54 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #8362
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
I do, too! I discovered him many, many years ago when a shop was playing this song from the album of the same name (As the Water Flows). I was pulled into the shop by the music alone, and thought the owner was kidding when he said he'd worn out three cassettes already (told you it was a long time ago!).

So, I bought it on the spot, and promptly wore it out. I've gone through many cassettes because it wasn't available on cd. Finally, I found it on iTunes! The album at some point was renamed Buddha's Dream, but it has the exact same playlist as my long-ago cassette.

Riley Lee has a number of albums, and I have a couple of others; however, this song and this album are my favorite--not only of his but maybe of all my music.

http://www.komuso.com/people/people.pl?person=864
Thanks!!!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #8363
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Saturday I heard "Street of Dreams" (the Blackmore's Night version) on radio. I really like how Candice Night's voice complements well Joe Lynn Turner's.

samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #8364
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Roses to No One by Edguy

Per wikipedia:

Quote:
Edguy was founded in 1992 by 14-year-old students Tobias Sammet, Jens Ludwig, Dominik Storch and Dirk Sauer. The name "Edguy" was an affectionate epithet for Mr. Edgar Siedschlag, their math teacher at the time. In 1994, the band released two demos, Evil Minded and Children of Steel. These tapes were sent to many record labels, all of whom rejected the band, believing they would have no future in the music business.[1] The following year they self released their ‘unofficial’ debut album, Savage Poetry...

The lead singer of Edguy is also the creator of another great band Avantasia which is a metal/rock opera supergroup comprised of members of many other bands.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #8365
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Brandi Carlile - 100

astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #8366
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A little bit of Buffy...

Stitchawl
Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #8367
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #8368
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #8369
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #8370
Stitchawl
Opsimath

The code is beating me, so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocq_n...m_e7Q&index=99

Stitchawl

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)