I'm fine with everything they have. 16 40.00%
I just don't eat their beef. 6 15.00%
I don't eat any meat from them. 5 12.50%
What's McDonald's? 13 32.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #16
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
If I go in there it's for an egg mcmuffin/no butter and that happens about twice monthly. I don't eat their hambergers and used to eat their fries but nolonger. I'm trying to cut out fast food fries from my diet and very rarely eat bergers or hot dogs of any kind. I am however addicted to Panda Express.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I am however addicted to Panda Express.
Pandaburgers???
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I never eat at McDonalds.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
ewwwwww! Pink slime is necessary when beef is sourced from unhygenic places such as the giant feed lots beef is grown in the US. Apparently a kilo of US ground beef can be made up of bits of as many as 200 individual beasts.
If no one bought the meat they wouldn't sell it, but it seems that most people would have cheap meat and ignore where it came from.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #20
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcolors View Post
All this things in McD's beef talk's making me not want to eat another burger. Ever.
Care to elaborate?
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
As a vegan, I typically order either the garden salad or a soy cappuccino whenever I go there because my kids want to :-(

In Germany, even the free Wifi is actually a hassle (you have to send an SMS to the service provider and receive a logon code valid for an hour), so there are not very many redeeming factors.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
Care to elaborate?

Pink Slime
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
Don0801
Don0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic somethingDon0801 has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle 3 wi-fi
I like McDonald's breakfast better than their sandwiches. (I usually order "big breakfast.")

Their burgers are fine, but I prefer Burger King's and Wendy's.
Don0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzybear View Post
A friend was a big fan of the place but I only ate there a couple of times and found the food pretty dire horrible chips, nasty burgers and the 'breakfasts' were vile. Haven't been there for maybe 12-15 years, certainly not after I developed a milk intolerance/allergy as the milkshakes were the only thing I actually liked.

I found burger king to be a little better, though I rarely bought from that place either - I remember they did lovely onion rings though. Mmm.
Are you serious? The onion rings are highly over-processed garbage and they are not what I would call proper onion rings.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There's a much better place to go for burgers and fries... real burgers made while you wait along with hand cut fries made while you wait... and free peanuts (in the shell) while you wait too..

Give Five Guys a try. You'll never be able to eat McDonald's fries again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
Pink Slime
Yes. <i>That</i> doesn't sound too appetizing. But then I'm not a huge fan of beef to start with.
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #27
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
In-n-Out Burger is my favorite. The meat is fresh and never frozen. The buns are toasted. They use California produce like sliced tomatoes and hand-leafed lettuce. The fries are made on the spot from whole potatoes, but I don't really care for their fries.

Unfortunately, they're a West Coast thing, and I've been living on the East Coast for the last 15 years. We have Five Guys here in Providence, and I've had Shake Shack in New York, but they just don't compare. I so miss In-n-Out.

I also miss California style pizza. Not the kind with weird ingredients, but regular pizza from places like Shakey's, Strawhat, and Round Table. People on the East Coast (esp. NY) rave about their pizza, but it sucks.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #28
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
I still go through the drive thru for coffee on my way to work sometimes, but that's about it.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #29
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
Pink Slime
The person who gave it that name should be kicked. While I don't like over-euphemism-ing stuff like that, giving it disgusting names isn't any better.
Just call it MRM or Meat Slurry.

I have to admit I'm somewhat glad it isn't allowed here (apparently it's banned in the European Union), but I don't think it's as bad as it is made out to be. There are enough other meat-recovery methods anyway - none of them produce T-Bone steaks...

The "worst" probably is the ammonia - and I don't think this really is a problem, despite what is said in the media (explosive, fertilizer, etc...).
Ammonia boils below room temperature - so I doubt much of it is left in the meat at all, and even so, once you start frying the burger (surely no one would make steak tartare with that), it should be all gone.

Meanwhile, people happily use "salt of hartshorn" to bake cookies - probably because it sounds so natural. Too bad it releases ammonia too, being made up mostly of ammonium bicarbonate...

There certainly are enough disgusting animal products already, no need to go against fast food companies, as if they'd invented the idea of using all the parts of an animal.

At least that is actually meat, not just ground up internal organs.

Still, I agree it doesn't look pretty. If you ask me, meat never does. Still tastes good. I like the chicken nuggets - though I'm quite certain they're not just stamped out a chicken either...

---

P.S: Of course, it might be the McDonalds I know is different from what you know - they should be roughly the same, but since they likely use local sources for their products, there may be differences? No pink slime here, but surely other sources of MRM.

P.P.S: Ever ate something that was colored with Natural Red 4(E120) ? <ggg>
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #30
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Rarely eat there but the Sausage and Egg McMuffins (who the Hades says McAnything though) are a good hangover cure in a crisis.

I like Triple O's here in Hong Kong
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote