Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
speedrrracer
speedrrracer began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2, kindle dxg
e-reading glare cover?

Leaning towards an iPad2 as an e-reader (and all the other stuff it can do), but I'm concerned that, just like staring at a computer screen for hours, the glare will bug me and I'll wish I'd gotten something with an e-ink type display.

Has anyone found the glare to be an issue when doing lots of reading?

Lastly, has anyone found any of the anti-glare covers (e.g., http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisorag...ad2-black.html) available on the market to be helpful wrt eye comfort?

Thanks!
speedrrracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I can't read on my iPhone in the sunlight, which is slightly annoying when I'm on public transport reading when suddenly the bus turns and the sun shines onto my screen. I've never understood the appeal for anti-glare screen protectors because it feels like I can't see the whole screen properly regardless of the angle I hold it at? There's always a dark patch.

I'm waiting on my Nook Touch because I'm quite sick of reading on a LCD screen. Right now I just need a device that does not have a backlit LCD screen because my eyes are protesting!

The iPad is heavier though, so it might be a bigger concern with regards to holding it for prolonged periods of time. And remember you have to charge it more often. Buy both if you can afford it?
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedrrracer View Post
Leaning towards an iPad2 as an e-reader (and all the other stuff it can do), but I'm concerned that, just like staring at a computer screen for hours, the glare will bug me and I'll wish I'd gotten something with an e-ink type display.

Has anyone found the glare to be an issue when doing lots of reading?

Lastly, has anyone found any of the anti-glare covers (e.g., http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisorag...ad2-black.html) available on the market to be helpful wrt eye comfort?

Thanks!

I use the Power Support antiglare protector and it works great. I read on it all the time with no problems. My main reason for getting it is to use it to download textbooks. Here's a video showing the difference.

Sent from my iPad.

SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote