Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Stowe, Harriet Beecher: Uncle Tom's Cabin V2 21 March 2011

I know this book has already been uploaded before, but that version is in German so I put together an English version of the text.

Edit note: I had to reload a corrected version because the margins didn't work right on the 1st copy. I do appreciate the help I had in correcting it.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe.mobi (985.1 KB, 531 views)

Last edited by crich70; 03-23-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: corrected margins for ebook
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
VICROAMER
Enthusiast
VICROAMER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Loaded this into the K3 via Calibre and found the left margin occupied half the page the text is on the right of the page only. Any suggestions how I can correct this or shouldn't I have used Calibre.
VICROAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am stumped by that problem as well. I'm not sure what caused it. If someone on the board has a suggestion on how to fix it I will amend the file and reload it.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICROAMER View Post
Loaded this into the K3 via Calibre and found the left margin occupied half the page the text is on the right of the page only. Any suggestions how I can correct this or shouldn't I have used Calibre.
I just opened the book with Kindle for PC, and can confirm that the page has a very wide left margin - though I have no idea why.

Also, at least one 'footnote' is placed at the end of the paragraph rather than at the end of the chapter or the end of the book - where they are placed in most ebooks.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

How do I amend my original posting so I can attach a corrected file? I understand there is a button to click on but I can't find it here.
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
In your first post you can go: edit -> go advance

and then upload the new file like you've did the first time.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the help Billi. I've never had to reload a corrected file before and couldn't figure out where the button was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
In your first post you can go: edit -> go advance
and then upload the new file like you've did the first time.