Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question UPDATED: Odd calibre/plugin behavior

UPDATED: 1/2/2013

@calibre development team.

I re-read my original post (now hidden in the spoiler tag) and realized what I observe is incorrectly and embarrassingly described wrong...

The basic odd behavior is still the same, e.g. the correct "Saved Searches" are not displayed.

A. The workflow is:
1. Select a source library.
2. Restrict library to a particular author, e.g. restrict to "*current search".
a. Does not matter if restricted or not, as I tried restricted and not restricted getting the same results.
3. Select *Find Duplicates: Find library duplicates (* located in the Favourites Menu plugin in the optional second menubar).
a. Title Matching - Fuzzy
b. Author Matching - Similar
4. Acknowledge the "Library Duplicates" dialog, e.g. Click OK.
5. The "Saved Searches" now displayed are from the target library vice the source library.

B. Conducted research this a.m. by switching to a different source library and using the above workflow. Same behavior, e.g. the "Saved Searches" dialog box, as well as the "Tag Browser: Searches", shows the searches from the target library.

C. The other libraries (4) were created during various different releases of calibre using the "Create/Switch Library" function using;
1. Creating an empty library
2. Copying structure from the current library (at the time)
Quote:
  • Windows Vista 32bit
  • calibre v0.9.12
  • Find Duplicates plugin v1.6.0
  • Favourites Menu plugin v1.0.3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sincerely apologize for the original incorrect descriptive information.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
After restricting my library and using the Overdrive Link plugin the "Saved Searches" dialog box displays a set of old incorrect "Saved Searches".
Spoiler:

Quote:
Old incorrect Searches:
  • Unread
  • Get
  • Reading List

Quote:
Workflow:
1. Restrict library to a particular author.
2. Select all empty books, e.g. no formats.
3. Search Overdrive for selected books.
4. Books found selected "okay" to add links to books.
5. Saved Searches now displays an old incorrect set of searches vice the current ones.
EDIT: * The Overdrive Link plugin is "NOT" is accessed from the Favourites Menu plugin but rather from its own menu on the optional second menubar*
Only by restarting calibre will the correct "Saved Searches" again be accessible.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Current correct Saved Searches:
  • GetBooks.
  • Import List.
  • Overdrive.
  • Read.
  • Reading List.
  • SendToEE.
  • SendToPE.
  • Unread.

Quote:
Setup:
  • Windows Vista 32bit
  • calibre v0.9.12
  • Overdrive Link plugin v1.3.0
  • Favourites Menu plugin v1.0.3

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 01-02-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Gunnar
Do you have the View Manager PI installed https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129014 or some other PI that controls Calibre's menus?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Gunnar
Do you have the View Manager PI installed https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129014 or some other PI that controls Calibre's menus?
Not the View Manager, but the Favourites Menu.
EDIT:

Additionally, I have more then one library not all of which have the same searches.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 12-31-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I was just guessing about 'View Menu'.
Multiple Libraries don't cause me problems, so it is some combination
Or
The saved searches do have a glitch (I don't know where they are stored)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Gunnerp: I'm rather bust at the moment, but can you open a bug report and I will look at it when I have some time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Gunnerp: I'm rather bust at the moment, but can you open a bug report and I will look at it when I have some time.
@kovid

I updated the original post as it did not correctly describe the behavior. I shall open a bug report.

Edit:
Bug Report

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 01-02-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Added report URL
Old 01-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Thumbs up Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
@kiwidude
@kovid

Many thanks for the updated plugin; Saved Searches are preserved!