Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
2/3 column display in Kindle for PC

I've converted some epubs to KF8 using KindleGen after making sure the CSS adhered strictly to Amazon Kindle rules. The files converted nicely without any errors or warnings.
But when I open them in Kindle for PC, the button for 2/3 column display does not work.
What am I missing?
Help would be much appreciated.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanza View Post
What am I missing?
You're missing nothing. There is currently no multi-column support for KF8 files in the Kindle Apps. Maybe some day.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the speedy reply. You've put my mind to rest.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

I think this is just one of many things that we once had that Amazon has taken away. I'm not sure why. Older non-KF8 files still can be displayed in multiple columns on K4PC.

Newer Kindles no longer have the progress bar across the bottom of the screen to show graphically where you are in the book as well as where the next section is located. I miss this feature more than any others that have gone away.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not sure what else may have changed, but the latest Windows version of the Kindle app (v1.10.0) enables dual-column support for KF8 files (at least the one's I've tested).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-28-2012 at 02:11 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert