Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
hautit
hautit began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Question PRS 505 loves restarting......and I hate it.

I've gone through the last ten pages of threads and no one has asked this.
I haven't been able to use my SonyReader PRS505 for months
There's nothing wrong with the screen or battery, it looks and charges fine but as I turn it on, it keeps restarting.
The only way to make it stop restarting is resetting it which makes the screen freezes, the other way is connectting it to my computer. I have so many ebooks that I want to read. Please help me.
Oh, the most important piece of information: it started doing that after I dropped it from a height of 1 meter, roughly, unintentionally of course.

hautit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try connecting USB to PC and formatting the internal memory.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
dzbtrout
dzbtrout began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
formatting the internal memory.
Hi igorsk, how do you do that? Is this the same as a hard reset?

My problem is kind of similar but only happens when I move a pdf (DRM/not DRM same difference) into the reader... as soon as I delete the pdf problem stops.

I haven't tried a hard reset just yet and I don't know if it will ahve any effect but it is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,
dzbtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
It's somewhere in the advanced settings.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote