Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #391
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoZeke View Post
Could someone reupload the dropbox links from the first post, I would love to go through the source...

EDIT:- Also, I found that I was unable to delete files from the external sd card!? I hope its not just me, (Kobo Aura HD firmware 3.5)
Hm ... What sources do you need?
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #392
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
removed, since Sergeyvl12 gave already the answer.

Last edited by tshering; 08-07-2014 at 06:15 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #393
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Yes, you can add new input language(s) for keyboard.

Please see the kbd.txt
Hi,

Thank you very much Sergey,

Your explanation is perfect. Indeed I understand how to build the keyboard.

I give it a try and send you my result.

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #394
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
@sergeyvl12

Is there a way to open any (*.*) file with vlasovsoft notepad?

The reason I ask is that it could be really handy if we could edit "defaults.persistent.lua" or "Kobo eReader.conf" without the need for a computer.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #395
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
@sergeyvl12

Is there a way to open any (*.*) file with vlasovsoft notepad?

The reason I ask is that it could be really handy if we could edit "defaults.persistent.lua" or "Kobo eReader.conf" without the need for a computer.
Not a problem.

Just edit notepad/notepad.ini and add any extension that you wish to:

default_filter=*.txt|*.ini|*.sh|*.cfg|*.log

not sure about *.*
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #396
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Not a problem.

Just edit notepad/notepad.ini and add any extension that you wish to:

default_filter=*.txt|*.ini|*.sh|*.cfg|*.log

not sure about *.*
It worked, thank you.
*.* works also ...
Old 08-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #397
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
accented characters keyboard

Quote:
Yes, you can add new input language(s) for keyboard.

Please see the kbd.txt
Hi Sergey,

I had some fun with your keyboard. I took some characters from the wikipedia edittools pages and inserted them in your file. (The order is still a bit messy though. Sorry)

Works great. I was impressed to see that notepad has no problem with right to left languages (I put some hebrew and arabic characters).

Not sure why, but katakana and hiragana didn't display, although I have some very full fonts in the custom (flashroot)Fonts file...

Thanks again,

Regards

François
Attached Files
File Type: txt kbd.txt (4.0 KB, 304 views)
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #398
embryo
Fanatic

Greek keyboard for Vlasovsoft Notepad

For who ever might be interested,
here is a English-Greek keyboard file for the vlasovsoft Notepad.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kbd.txt (254 Bytes, 197 views)
Old 08-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #399
HaoZeke
Enthusiast
HaoZeke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Hm ... What sources do you need?
Well, the app sources, like for the calculator, cuz i was hoping to expand its functionality with matrices and stuff, of course only if its not a problem..
HaoZeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #400
thamior
thamior began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
hello, I have a kobo mini 3.4.1. I can not set the night mode with the launcher. I tried in all ways but the screen is still the same. does anyone know what to do?

Thanks
thamior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #401
Haugor
Enthusiast
Haugor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch C、KPW3
Quote:
Download link
Installation manual

Kobo Launcher applications

1. CoolReader
2. pbchess (chess training application)
3. checkers
4. reversi (othello)
5. sokoban
6. gomoku
7. notepad
8. calculator

All the programs work well with Kobo Touch, Glo, Mini and Aura.

Kobo Launcher utilities

1. Power off
2. Reboot
3. Usb network + dropbear ssh server + sftp

Installation

Installation manual

You can add another applications or remove existing ones to/from the KoboLauncher menu. Just edit KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.ini.

Usb network

Instruction how to start usb network on Windows
Usbnet tips and troubleshooting
Usb network for Windows XP instruction
USB Network

Additional info

Source code for KoboLauncher and Qt Kobo plugins
Useful info for Linux users
Kobo new toolchain + Qt 4.8.4 build for kobo that used in KoboLauncher + apps
QT apps -- Dose this means Kobo's UI base on QT lib? May Kobo support GTK+? Thank you, look forward to your reply
Haugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #402
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I think there is a way [to reactivate the launcher - AS]. Prepare a KoboRoot.tgz that contains only the etc\init.d\on-animator.sh from the KoboRoot.tgz that is provided in the Launcher package. After a FW update, copy this KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo. I did not try it myself (I think one has also to include the driver for older Touch models, if one uses the usb part).
I have finally had the opportunity to try this, unfortunately I could not get the above to work.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:53 PM   #403
Haugor
Enthusiast

can you give me some help about the SFTP? after the upgrade I just can not find a sftp button. Thank you
Old 10-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #404
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugor View Post
can you give me some help about the SFTP? after the upgrade I just can not find a sftp button. Thank you
hi,
when you enable USBNet, clicking on the corresponding button of launcher, automatically both an ssh and an sftp server are started on kobo (IP: the ip of the usb net connection; credentials: root with empty password).
You can access them with your preferred clients.
traycold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:17 AM   #405
Haugor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
hi,
when you enable USBNet, clicking on the corresponding button of launcher, automatically both an ssh and an sftp server are started on kobo (IP: the ip of the usb net connection; credentials: root with empty password).
You can access them with your preferred clients.
wo,it is automatic. Thank you!