Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
veganox
veganox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
KOBO GLO can't connect via USB to PC & MAC

I can't connect my KOBO GLO to Windows 7 and MAC OS 10.6.

On Windows 7 - it complained about UNRECOGNIZED USB drive
On MAC OSx - did not see Kobo Glo drive at all
However, from KOBO Glo screen, it thinks it says connected & charging (so kobo glo thinks it's connected to PC)

I've already done the following:
Basic Reset (pinhole)
Factory Reset (via the Settings)
Change my microUSB cable.
Tried using different port

this connection issue only happened this week, but was working fine last week.

After factory reset -- Kobo glo got an update, firmware: 2.1.5 r43939 10/12/12). The update was done vis WIFI
veganox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Before telling you that it is charging it is supposed to tell you to choose to connect to the computer so that you can manage your files and if you say no then it goes to simple charging.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
kleppten
kleppten began at the beginning.

Same here, this drives me nuts,

Kobo Glo does not connect to Mac, nor Win7. Even Windows XP does not work.
Reset soft and hard, trying different cables and ports, trying with and without sdcard-

Nothing, it will not connect.WTF.

It worked since last week...

ek
kleppten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I've been having this issue off and on lately with a number of devices. It happened with the Glo and the girls' Minis, and it also happened with my new Samsung Galaxy phone. With all of those, I had to find the device's MAC address (which you can usually find in settings) and then go into the Wifi network via my computer and add in those devices' MAC addresses as trusted devices. After doing that, they connect with no problem.

I don't know why some devices connect right away and some have to be added manually to my WiFi network.

Edited to add: Also, sometimes I've found if something used to connect to Wifi, but no longer does, rebooting the network modem and refreshing the connection often helps.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
veganox
veganox began at the beginning.

Reported the problem to Kobo

since it's still under warranty...

their final solution is to replace it..
but waiting for them to give me the RMA so that I can replace it..
veganox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert