Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
sillypoint
sillypoint began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Kindle Touch – India

Hi!

I'm planning to tell a relative in the US to buy a Kindle Touch for me using his credit card to save considerably on customs.

My concern is—will I be able to buy books from Amazon by opening a separate account? I mean, is it necessary to 'own' a Kindle (i.e. buy it through my personal credit card) to buy a Kindle edition of a book from Amazon?

Thanks.

Last edited by sillypoint; 05-03-2012 at 02:47 AM.
sillypoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
You don't have to actually own a Kindle to buy ebooks from Amazon (they can be read on computers, tablets, phones etc.)

Have your relative purchase the Kindle as a gift, so it will not be pre-registered. Then once you receive it, simply register it to your Amazon account.

Enjoy your KT
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
Yepp....... You don't have to use the same credit card....when you receive your kindle just register it to your Amazon account. Now get online and buy ebooks from Amazon using this account...... They will be delivered to your kindle and/our to all your kindles/kindle apps registered with the same account.

I know this a I have kindle touch and kindle Kb and I am from India......
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #4
manishbhatia
manishbhatia began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
kindle touch

Hi there....i see you have kindle touch. Did you got the one which says "with special offers" or the one without it. price difference between two is $40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser06 View Post
Yepp....... You don't have to use the same credit card....when you receive your kindle just register it to your Amazon account. Now get online and buy ebooks from Amazon using this account...... They will be delivered to your kindle and/our to all your kindles/kindle apps registered with the same account.

I know this a I have kindle touch and kindle Kb and I am from India......
manishbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
With special offers...... It's not worth it to pay 40 dollars extra as the ads are not intrusive.... They are only there on the screensavers and on the main screen and NEVER on the screen when you read..
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
manishbhatia
manishbhatia began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
kindle touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser06 View Post
With special offers...... It's not worth it to pay 40 dollars extra as the ads are not intrusive.... They are only there on the screensavers and on the main screen and NEVER on the screen when you read..
Reason I asked this is because i read somewhere that the one with special offers doesnt works in India. So I guess thats not the problem.
manishbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It will work in India but you cannot partake in any of the offers.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote