Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
bspline
Enthusiast
bspline began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Nokia E63, Kindle 2
Kindle 2 Battery Replacement

Hi,
I could use some help here.
I just bought a replacement battery for my Kindle 2 international on eBay, followed some YouTube video on how to disassemble the kindle and replaced it.
Now my kindle won't charge, it is plugged in, but the led won't light up. If I hold the switch for 10+ seconds, the led glows amber for a couple of seconds then turns off again.
Does anyone have a clue on what's wrong, do I have a defective battery?
Thanks!
bspline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
First, there is more than one battery for the K2i. You need to be sure you have the right one. That being said, my initial replacement did exactly the same thing (right down to the led light going on briefly after holding the switch for an extended time). Turns out I had a defective replacement battery. The seller sent me a second battery and it worked perfectly on the first try. Soooooo, contact the seller and describe the problem and get a replacement. I purchased from NewPower99. The seller is VERY responsive and made good with the replacement very rapidly. I was very happy with the customer care. Good luck!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
bspline
Enthusiast
bspline began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Nokia E63, Kindle 2
GoSharks, thanks for the reply.
The battery I purchased matches the part number for my original one, so I think it must be defective. Drats.
Took me a full month for it to arrive, clear customs and get delivered.
I didn't buy from NewPower99 because their shipping costs would double the price, but I a lady contacted the seller (BestBattery) and they are replacing it.
Anyway, I can still squeeze some life out of the original, so it's back to it again.
bspline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I've had my K2i since 2009. Now the battery only lasts a couple of days as opposed to before when the battery lasted several weeks. I've ordered a new one from NewPower99. I had to look carefully at the model number (in my case: D00701) to get the right battery.

http://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Kin...-%20d00701.htm
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 2 battery link, kindle 2 yedek pil link