Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #136
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Thanks for the comparison. When using the Snugg in landscape mode does the case block access to the home bar (or whatever you call it) on the Fire? I had an M-Edge case and every time I tried to bring up the bar, my finger was partly blocked by the case.
It's not a problem for me. I imagine that if your fingers are extra-large it may be.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #137
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I originally had the too case for the fire but found that the bezel being covered made the screen seem too small. I just received this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

And love it. It has inbuilt easels for portrait and landscape. It is a bit stinky when it is first unwrapped from the glues but that disappears after a day or so. Excellent price too.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #138
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
I have the marware 45$ version but have since tried out the belkin verve one specifically designed for the fire. Asthetically, it has a much nicer faux leather look to it then the marware and internally, it uses the bands to hold it in as opposed to the clasps on the marware. Neither makes any difference over the other with regards to overall size of a closed unit but the advantage of the belkin is, you don't initially have to slide the fire out of two clasps to go into the angled display mode so thats nice for the belkin. the belkin doesnt have a dedicated hand strap like the marware but it does have a thicker strap then the marware to close the whole cover completely so it can double as a hand strap albeit not to the quality fit the marware had. as far as doing angled display mode(sorry, just blanking on what that's really called at the moment), the belkin has four seperate ridge zones to adjust the angle to marware's three. also, the interior on the belkin is much, much nicer, mine is the red interior, it adds a nice contrast touch of color to the black exterior.

I feel its a much better cover then the marware in every way but one, ofcourse, the hand strap on the marware. It's one of those things, until you've tried it, you just don't know what you are missing. the fire came in thicker then i thought it was, especially being a ipad2 user. it just feels bulky in the hand in comparison so that handstrap went a long way for me in offsetting that feeling. it was just a downright fantastic way to hold the fire while reading in bed or otherwise. but conversely, i didn't realize how bad asthetically the marware leather looked till i bought to belkin and the touch lighted cover as well. it's also one of those, until you've seen a quality fauz leather, you don't know what your missing. end of the day, i can still sort of use the belkin strap to mirror the handstrap of the marware. I can't do that for the marware's inferior asthetics though. for that reason, i am sticking with the belkin verve for the time being until the be all end all case shows up.

I am doing alot of prime video watching at night before i crash, star trek episodes especially, i appreciate the extra angle options and frankly more thena nything, that whole pulling the marware out of its bottom two clasps or re-inserting it into those clasps to close was a nuisance.
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #139
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post

I am doing alot of prime video watching at night before i crash, star trek episodes especially, i appreciate the extra angle options and frankly more thena nything, that whole pulling the marware out of its bottom two clasps or re-inserting it into those clasps to close was a nuisance.
I know what you mean. I've been watching prime videos every night, too, and as much as I hate the fake feel of this Navitech case, I really like the multiple angles I can utilize for viewing. I use them all.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #140
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I originally had the too case for the fire but found that the bezel being covered made the screen seem too small. I just received this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

And love it. It has inbuilt easels for portrait and landscape. It is a bit stinky when it is first unwrapped from the glues but that disappears after a day or so. Excellent price too.
Pushka .. was thinking about ordering this and wondered about the power switch, usb port, speaker input and speakers. Do you still have access to those? Are you happy about the sticky part that holds the Fire in the case? TIA
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #141
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Thumbs up Snugg case for Fire - a winner

Just got my Snugg case for my Fire yesterday. Its great and I highly recommend it for its $30 price tag. Fire fits nice and SNUGG
At first I thought it was defective as without the Fire it closed fine with the magnetic closure. When i inserted the Fire it wouldn't stay closed. After a few frustrating attempts. I figured out it was just too new and needed a little stretch so I gave it a little tug and voila the cover now stayed closed shut.

I like it as it looks just like a day planner note book. Does add some weight but not to much. Fire stays put due to the Velcro stay to keep it retained. The Velcro stay does limit it from a super quick removak but its good to be secured.

Looks professional and not cheap.

No real obstruction to the screen nor any controls

Provides a stand prop for landscape. / movie mode.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Highly recommended.
4.5 out of 5 stars.

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-08-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: type o
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #142
ssahnan
Enthusiast

anyone ever try or see a dodcase for ipad2? they just announced it for kindle as well, seems like a high quality case
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #143
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I have the Belkin Verve Folio Stand for my Fire. I love it. It doesn't add much bulk at all. It also folds back completely flat too if you prefer reading that way. It's a nice little basic case and the stand is great. I picked it up on a whim at Target to have my fire in something, thinking I could just return it if I didn't like it, but I ended up really liking it a lot so I'm keeping it.

I have an Oberon for my kindle keyboard. They do gorgeous work.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #144
ssahnan
Enthusiast

I mistyped, it's not the dodcase, it's a dodocase. these don't come cheap, they are hand crafted out of san francisco, I saw a article on gizmodo about it. started reading into a bit more and basically across the board of sites I read about their cases from, the overwhelming thought was these are the best cases around from an asthetic standpoint. Endgadget called their ipad2 case the rolls-royce of cases. essentially it tries to give your tablet the look of a custom hard bound book on the outside, cradles the tablet in a bamboo tray on the inside.

anyway, I'm a sucker for great cases, I must switch my iphone case once a month or two. I ordered a monogrammed one for both my ipad2 and fire. I realize these aren't for everybody but for those looking for that high end look, it's worth a look. I'll report back whenever I get mine. I sat down with the fire last night and finally did some work on it as far as email accounts, instapaper, media streaming from my NAS, etc and while not completely enamored with it yet(I think most of my hangups are being too accustomed to how smooth and refined apps are like on ios vs android), I am happy enuf to make this a second tablet so I'm gonna deck it out in style hehe. One thing is undeniable for me, when I want to do kindle reading on a backlit screen, The size, form factor of the fire is what I easily prefer over the ipad2 even though the ipad2 kindle app is more robust.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #145
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
Pushka .. was thinking about ordering this and wondered about the power switch, usb port, speaker input and speakers. Do you still have access to those? Are you happy about the sticky part that holds the Fire in the case? TIA
Yes, everything is fully functional and available. The sticky pad is quite large, and it feels completely safe. I am not sure if this is the case for you if you like taking it out of its cover on a frequent basis. If you dont like the sticky against the kindle you could always apply a decal to the kindle and stick it to that. The manufacturers say you just need to wipe it down with a damp cloth if because you keep removing it, it has lost its stickiness.

I just wish I had seen it was in red. I am thinking about ordering that.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #146
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
The Snugg looks ideal. I'm still waiting on delivery of a cheap case I ordered from day one. If it's bad, I'll get the Snugg.
My cheap case (Splash Safari Slim-Profile) finally arrived. I ordered on Nov. 19th. I'm pleased with it. Gets five stars from me. When I ordered it was less than 8 bucks. I can finally say goodbye to the Kobo cover I was using.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Last edited by SCION; 12-12-2011 at 05:33 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #147
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I just received my cheap case yesterday. I think it was $15.00. I find casecrown to be the best cheap tablet case manufacture out there. The only one I dont like is the case for my kindle touch, so I modified it. Id rather use it out of a case anyway

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Trif...785391&sr=8-11
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #148
ssahnan
Enthusiast

My DodoCase for Fire came in today, it's got all the wow factor I had read about to it. I'm very happy with it, won't be looking beyond this at cases anymore. Here are some pics for anyone interested

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7203560...7628406876791/
Old 12-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #149
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
My DodoCase for Fire came in today, it's got all the wow factor I had read about to it. I'm very happy with it, won't be looking beyond this at cases anymore. Here are some pics for anyone interested

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7203560...7628406876791/
Wow, that case is sweeeetttttttttt!
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #150
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I just received my cheap case yesterday. I think it was $15.00. I find casecrown to be the best cheap tablet case manufacture out there.
I got a CaseCrown cover too because I know they are a good brand and the quality would be acceptable. Instead of Tri-fold, I got the Ace Flip model in light pink. It has the clip system. I like it. It is lightweight and comfortable to hold. I like the feel of the outside and inside. The horizontal stand works well and is stable. I really like the form factor of the Fire and wanted a case that was not bulky and "barely there", especially since I have petite hands. $24 at Amazon. Here's the link with photos.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S6XXAK/...60_cs_sce_dp_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Got my Oberon case today. I wasn't going to bite, as they are a little pricey, but when I saw I could get a purple (my favorite color) paisly (my favorite pattern) one, I bit.

It came today. I like the design, pretty similar to all their kindle covers (I had two for my K2, because purple was a late edition to the line). The only thing I don't like it the longer cord for setting it up on a table, etc for viewing - it kind of hangs out, and looks kind of unfinished.
I love Oberon covers! I have the green paisley for my Nook Color. I really would like the purple Medici cover for my Fire. However, I was worried about the longer cord getting in the way too. It's nice that they designed a stand into the cover, but the longer cord seems awkward.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote