Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #76
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That's an automated slingshot. Tres cool, but not a trebuchet....
picky, picky !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #77
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
picky, picky !!
Be careful. I think he's after your pendant.....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #78
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Be careful. I think he's after your pendant.....
maybe we'll need a third one. (he can't have mine. and in case you're it crossed your mind, he can't have *yours* either. )
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #79
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
maybe we'll need a third one. (he can't have mine. and in case you're it crossed your mind, he can't have *yours* either. )
Would that be a ppendant?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #80
zelda_pinwheel

in this specific case, it probably would be a ppendant, yes.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #81
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Now the automatic ball tossing machine ... that's a stroke of brilliance. And, one smart doggie to have figured out how to make it work.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #82
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yeah, the ball tossing machine is brilliant!! *Such* a happy doggie!!

I guess I was fortunate not to be able to view the other video. I'll just stick with grinning about the ball tosser.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #83
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yeah, the ball tossing machine is brilliant!! *Such* a happy doggie!!

I guess I was fortunate not to be able to view the other video. I'll just stick with grinning about the ball tosser.
Yes, trust me on this, you do NOT want to see the other video. If a human baby had been subjected to that sort of treatment, you'd hear an outcry from here to the Moon and back. But, because it's an animal ... well, then cruelty is perfectly fine. Just "boys being boys" ... you know the drill.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #84
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
you are a good man, Wood.
I put live Cane Toads in a plastic bag in the freezer. Does that make me good or bad?

(Honestly, it's considered by "authorities" to be the most "humane" way of killing the introduced pest)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #85
zelda_pinwheel

i don't want to know that. i don't want to hear about anyone's methods of killing anything, however humane*. i'd rather continue to believe that none of the people i know ever kill anything at all. is that so much to ask ???

*the only exceptions i can think of being mosquitoes.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #86
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
... i'd rather continue to believe that none of the people i know ever kill anything at all. is that so much to ask ???
Probably, but if it's any compensation, we've saved a metre-long, beautiful, yellow-and-brown Carpet Python from the attentions of Maggie (she just got more curious when it struck at her) when it was slithering around the spa on the balcony the other day (it went underneath the spa eventually, looking for the furry things that live under there, I would say).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #87
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
puppies and snakes, shudder, get the poor one a fire hydrant or a bone or a lover or a role in a soap opera
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #88
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
BACON ICE CREAM see Awesome food thread. post #1
radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #89
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That's an automated slingshot. Tres cool, but not a trebuchet....
I still wouldn't want to fling clotted cream with it...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #90
zelda_pinwheel

oddly enough, this is the ad i get on the bottom of this page :

Click image for larger version

Name:	pub_karma.png
Views:	312
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	18007

i'm not sure what it means, but probably it's a sort of general, universal warning to be kind to humans and other animals whatever their size, and never never mention killing anything ever again ever for your whole lives, at least in my presence or anywhere i might happen to pass by.

Tags
blue one next to the fish, bone, chocolate, doggie, giving, hurricane, kingdom of bacon and bone, rfid, unutterable silliness, vivaldirules