Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #76
demonseye316
demonseye316 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
i tried both mangAI and mangize and the output image is roughly 550-570 x 800 (width is always smaller) ...when converted to either pdf or mobi there's always a lot of space on the right side of the kindle touch compared to mangle's 600 x 800.

mangAI is great for organizing, renaming and binding of chapter folders. any help with the settings for the kindle touch would be much appreciated. (can images cover the whole screen?)
demonseye316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #77
mobad
Enthusiast
mobad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonseye316 View Post
i tried both mangAI and mangize and the output image is roughly 550-570 x 800 (width is always smaller) ...when converted to either pdf or mobi there's always a lot of space on the right side of the kindle touch compared to mangle's 600 x 800.

mangAI is great for organizing, renaming and binding of chapter folders. any help with the settings for the kindle touch would be much appreciated. (can images cover the whole screen?)
For MangAI you are going to want to make sure "add_border = true" in the properties and it will make all images 600x800.

I'm pretty sure that is the default if you select K3 properties.
mobad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #78
alvareo
Enthusiast
alvareo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxa View Post
This can be avoided if the input/source images are in grayscale.

I use XnView to batch-convert them; or more often a command line tool from xnview team called "nconvert.exe", like this:

Code:
nconvert.exe -grey 256 -overwrite *.jpg
This would convert all jpg images to grayscale by overwriting them.
So don't forget to back up your original images first!
(Note: I recommend nconvert only for users already familiar with the command line, or else doing a quick tutorial on command line first, before trying to use it. For the rest of the users I recommend doing it with XnView's batch conversion feature.)

It seems that mangize has a trouble with working on non-grayscale images sometimes. I used to get this very same error; since then, I pre-convert my source images to grayscale before starting to work with mangize, it started working again.

Hope it helps!
That worked, thank you!
alvareo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #79
naxa
naxa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvareo View Post
That worked, thank you!
Great! I'm glad that I could help. And thanks for letting us know!

Last edited by naxa; 02-10-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: thanks 4 ans
naxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #80
khromov
Connoisseur
khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Great program, really lets you squeeze those extra margin inches in to make the text legible on a K3/Kindle Touch - thanks!
khromov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #81
khromov
Connoisseur
khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mangize does not support files with .jpeg extension. Can you fix this or make the project open source so someone else can?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #82
khromov
Connoisseur

Bumping!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #83
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
How do you start Mangai set up file.
I downloaded Mangai App, but jar files are in app's folder.
How MAngai's jar file works?

(Sorry my english. I use Google Translate)

Last edited by asdas; 07-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #84
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Please Help!
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #85
khromov
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post
How do you start Mangai set up file.
I downloaded Mangai App, but jar files are in app's folder.
How MAngai's jar file works?

(Sorry my english. I use Google Translate)
This thread is not for the Mangai app. This thread is for Mangize.

You should check the help for Mangai here:
http://www.bitcake.com/projects/mangai/

For me though, I just double-clicked the mangai_gui.jar file and it worked, make sure you have Java installed.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #86
atreides7887
atreides7887 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Stupid Question

Hello there,

This is a really stupid question but what do I do with the processed folder with the adjusted pages in it? Presumably I have to convert it to a .mobi format?

For reference I'm using a Kindle Paperwhite.

Thanks in advance for any help,
atriedes7887
atreides7887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #87
naxa
naxa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
was an ok question

I don't own a paperwhite, but I think it should go by creating an "images" folder at the root (topmost) folder of the kindle. then in that, creating a new folder for each album, then putting the images in that album folder.

here is the discussion: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192783

(also, Calibre is able to convert a zipped pack of image files into a mobi file)

for kindle 3 keyboard it is like this (the folder name is different here):

Here are detailed instructions -

1. Connect Kindle 3 via USB to your PC.
2. Go to the Kindle 3.
3. Create “pictures” folder on your Kindle 3′s main folder. That’s the folder that has Documents folder in it.
4. Now create sub-folders for your photo albums.
5. Put in images into these sub-folders. Here, you want Mangle to let you help you and just specify a name and for folder choose the main ‘Pictures’ folder. Mangle creates the sub-directory automatically – with the name you chose for your Manga book.
6. The images that you put into a sub-folder will become part of the photo album.
7. Unplug your Kindle 3 and go to the Home Page.
8. Press Alt-Z on home page to see photo albums among books. On Kindle 3 you don’t have to press Alt-Z.
9. When you select one of these photo albums, the experimental Image Viewer starts.

Once you’re in the Photo Album (Manga Book) there are some shortcuts. Please note that pressing Aa brings up a menu and the size setting in that Menu tends to default to Actual Size = True. You have to change it to Actual Size = No to be able to zoom. The shortcuts -

1. Zoom In on the Picture – Q key.
2. Zoom Out – W key.
3. Reset Zoom Level for the Image – E key.
4. Toggle Picture to Actual Size – C key.
5. Toggle Picture to Full Screen Mode – F key.
6. Pan Photo if its larger than the Kindle 2′s screen – With 5-way controller.
7. Rotate the Image – R key.

source:
http://ireaderreview.com/tag/kindle-manga/

Last edited by naxa; 01-25-2013 at 04:37 AM. Reason: live
naxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #88
atreides7887
atreides7887 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks

naxa,

Thanks for the response. Having followed that information and fiddled around a bit on the paperwhite (the folder is now images rather than pictures) I've got the manga chapter on and working. The main problem I have now is zooming so I'll suggestions about changing the actual size settings to enable zooming.

Thanks again for the info.
atreides7887 is offline   Reply With Quote