Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #61
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I finally found the hidden system file for my Kindle. Even though I always have "show hidden files and folders" checked, I had neglected to remove the check box from "hide protected system operating files". Once I unchecked that, the folder was visible.

Here's what's inside.

Great .... thanks. When I hook my Kindle up tomorrow, I'll check to see if mine was set that way. I'll bet it was.

Not going to do it tonight ... my bestest friends just got back from their trip and I've been having a grand ol' time tonight. Going to bed now.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #62
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
BTW, you don't have to see the folder name to get inside it. If you just enter G:\system in Explorer's address bar, you'll get in.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #63
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
BTW, you don't have to see the folder name to get inside it. If you just enter G:\system in Explorer's address bar, you'll get in.
I was going to do that next ... and if that didn't work, I was going in sideways through DOS.

However, now I don't need to.

(Happy little dance of joy)
Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #64
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Did you delete both the screensaver.manga and screensaver.manga_save files then do the Alt + Z thing (step 6) to start from scratch?
I deleted the manga file ... I never saw a manga_save file ... and that's even with the system folder and files showing fine.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #65
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
No need to worry about the Manga files. It turns out that when I deleted those files and re-saved my images, I just made a double sized set of images... the old ones with the battery image and the new ones without it. It took a while to cycle through the images to realize that the manga files had no effect.

Once I got in to the screen_saver folder, I deleted everything (I was unable to figure out individual images) and started from scratch. Now I only have the images without the battery picture on them.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #66
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the how-to.. Here's mine:

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #67
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
Thanks for the how-to.. Here's mine:

MyridoM
That is gorgeous! Did you draw it yourself??
Old 07-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #68
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

LOL.. I wish.. I used a wonderful dragon created by Emberiza at Deviant art as the background. http://emberiza.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured–4
He/She is a wonderful artist from Poland.

Myridom
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #69
pugaholic
pugaholic began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, RCA REB1100
I absolutely love "I Want To Believe". Thanks!
pugaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #70
genericusername
genericusername began at the beginning.

genericusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #71
EAC050766
EAC050766 began at the beginning.

Screen Saver Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
I really like this feature. I was hoping it would add to the existing screen savers because I really like some of them but I have created a handfull and formatted/tested them on my kindle.

I have tested all of these on my kindle. BadBarn is my favorite but I also really like the look of the John Calvin image too. The "Book of Kells" images took a lot of tweaking to get the contrast even this good. Wood engravings seem to translate better than woodcuts.

If anybody has a image they would like to get formatted (600X800 8bit greyscale) send it to me at jacksonunit#gmail.com (where #=@) and I will try to hammer it down for you and publish it on my new Kindleunit page.
Thanks for the great pictures. I've download a few of them. But, I would really like to put my own pictures on my Kindle. I'm searching around to see who could help.
EAC050766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #72
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericusername View Post
nice !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #73
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericusername View Post
http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1782

Quote:
Now if we can just put Wikipedia in an offline format on a Kindle, expand the entry on the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster (which is actually fairly complete and, notably, not covered by Google Knol), and stamp the words “Don’t Panic” on the Kindle, we’d almost be there!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #74
gutenberger
gutenberger began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hi everyone, post=1 newbie here. Just received my Amazon Kindle as a gift. I've been looking forward to an eInk device for a while now, and am happy to take the plunge with this.

The readability of the eInk text has been great, but it's these built-in screensavers that have really caught my eye. How striking. I read that there are 34 built-in images, but I've only seen the same 2 in (random?) rotation. Have these built-in images been extracted/exported by someone for our viewing pleasure? Not that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed the custom ones here (they're terrific!), but I would love to see the the built-in ones just to get a sense of what I'm missing out on, at least for now.

Thanks for this forum, I look forward to being a part of the Kindling
gutenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #75
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutenberger View Post
Have these built-in images been extracted/exported by someone for our viewing pleasure?
See Default Kindle Screensavers?. This is the original set, a few have apparently been changed since then.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote