Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
geekgeek
geekgeek doesn't littergeekgeek doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
New conversion questions: Getting rid of huge left margin Epub to Mobi

Hi all,

Another newbie user question here.

I have a couple of books in ePub format which I want to convert for my Kindle, however they appear to have a rather significant left margin, and even when I set the Left margin to 1pt under the conversion settings, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it possible for me to somehow get rid of that left margin, or is it "hardcoded" into the ePub source?
geekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgeek View Post
I have a couple of books in ePub format which I want to convert for my Kindle, however they appear to have a rather significant left margin, and even when I set the Left margin to 1pt under the conversion settings, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it possible for me to somehow get rid of that left margin, or is it "hardcoded" into the ePub source?
I run into this all the time. It seems that many ebook publishers still think a six inch ereader is the same as a book.

You can open the ePub in Sigil and review the css file. Find and revalue to 0 any left margin or left padding you see then save the epub. As you change each setting you can look at a page and see if it changes what you wanted changed.

Once the ePub is correct try converting again.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-31-2010 at 10:24 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
geekgeek
geekgeek doesn't littergeekgeek doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Worked like a charm, thanks once again!
geekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote