Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
anorak
anorak began at the beginning.

eReader in Las vegas

Hi all

I am from the UK but will be going to Las Vegas next week. Does anyone know if the Borders there sells the Sony reader? Also If I buy some connect store gift cards will I be able to use them if I am in the UK.

your help is appreciated

Scott
anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Try this link for a listing of Vegas places. And I think the SonyStyle at Ceasers Palace, will probably have them too.

Oh, and I think next week is the CES in Las Vegas, and I believe I recall (from when I saw them in Austin at the end of October) that the Sony Marketing folks were planning to attend, so you might have a chance to run them down and talk to them directly -- you have to share what you find out if you do!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I wonder what news the CES will bring us this year about eink. This is where I learned of the PRS last year.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Here's an interesting piece of news, for a start :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6227575.stm
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
magogo
magogo began at the beginning.

I will also go to Las vegas next week for the ICCE conference. Probably I will try to get one from SonyStyle at Ceasers Palace if they have it in stock.
magogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
I was there in December. The Sony store in Caesars had plenty of Readers on display.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #7
anorak

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the Sony store at Caesars. If I spot any new e-ink devices at CES I'll post them here

Scott
Old 01-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
We'll hold you to that!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Looking forward to that anorak!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Looking forward eagerly for anything you spot or hear!...
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #11
Lin
Lin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by anorak
Also If I buy some connect store gift cards will I be able to use them if I am in the UK.
Yes, the Connect gift cards should work for you in the UK. I purchased a couple at Borders, and I'm using them outside the US.
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #12
anorak

Thanks all. I'm off to Vegas in the morning, I hope to see some exciting gadgets and I'll try to keep you up to date

Scott
Old 01-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #13
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Haha, such dorks we are, going to Vegas to see gadgets.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #14
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Haha, such dorks we are, going to Vegas to see gadgets.
I guess that would depend on how loose your definition of "gadgets" is.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #15
magogo
magogo began at the beginning.

I will leave for las vegas tomorrow morning and hopefully can spot something. By the way, has anyone managed to claim the tax refund when buying the reader in US?
magogo is offline   Reply With Quote