Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-09-2015, 03:55 AM   #1
jlmyers
jlmyers began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, iPad
Unhappy Calibre changes line spacing and heading size

Hi All,

I am trying to make a few changes to my Kindle mobi file and following directions I found on the web I have opened my mobi file in Calibre and converted it back to ePub. Then I open the ePub in Sigil to make my changes, which were adding two pages and updating the contents. Everything seemed fine and the altered ePub viewed normal in Adobe Digital Edition, but when I then delete the original mobi in Calibre and convert the altered ePub back to mobi I'm getting an issue. When checking the new mobi on Kindle previewer on my Mac I see that there is double line spacing for everything (compared to single) and any headings are much smaller.

I thought at first I might have been altering something in the process, so I scaled back and did a test, removing just a line of text in the main body of the book and not touching any HTML script. This give me the same result when Calibre converted the altered ePub back to mobi.

If anyone knows what I am doing (or not doing) that is creating this or if anyone has experienced a similar issue, please help! I am new to this and not too tech savvy

Thanks,
jlmyers
jlmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
When calibre makes a conversion, it can also make changes to "normalize" the formatting.
Some of those changes can be good or bad depending on the book's internals.

Take a look at the options under the Look & Feel section of the conversion dialog.
Particularly, font size rescaling and the options for controlling line spacing.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, linespacing, mobi conversion, shrinking titles