Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
HappyChris
Enthusiast
HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nexus 10 (2 of them), Nexus 5, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, iMac
Oops! A late chapter means a misordered book?

I am trying to convert a book that is in HTML on a web site to an epub ebook. I've been using Grabmybooks.com to grab the chapters and hope to use Sigil to reformat it. My first problem is that I missed a chapter and, having grabbed it, it is out of line. Can I still reorder the files in Sigil? Also, I have been renaming the chapters from 'Article 1', etc. to their intended title and I notice that this has not forced a change in order, indicating an underlying ordering file name. Will this have to be changed to introduce the missing chapter?
HappyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyChris View Post
I am trying to convert a book that is in HTML on a web site to an epub ebook. I've been using Grabmybooks.com to grab the chapters and hope to use Sigil to reformat it. My first problem is that I missed a chapter and, having grabbed it, it is out of line. Can I still reorder the files in Sigil? Also, I have been renaming the chapters from 'Article 1', etc. to their intended title and I notice that this has not forced a change in order, indicating an underlying ordering file name. Will this have to be changed to introduce the missing chapter?
Yes'
Drag them into the order you want within the book browser.

BTW Sigil questions s/b `posted in Sigil : I will ask a greenie to move.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
grabmybooks, sigil