Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
nosmokingbandit
nosmokingbandit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G B006
Kindle Keyboard screen won't turn on

My Kindle Keyboard was working perfectly until it fell off the arm of my couch. Now it is stuck on the screensaver image.

I've reset it by holding the power button in for 60+ seconds. I took the back cover off and made sure the screen cable was fully pressed into place. I plugged it into my pc and it is recognized so it seems like everything except the screen is working.

What else can I do to try and revive this kindle?
nosmokingbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Could you post a picture of the screen?

(I'm guessing it's showing the telltale signs of a broken screen and is pretty much beyond repair given the value of a Kindle Keyboard these days)
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
nosmokingbandit
nosmokingbandit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G B006
There is no visible damage to the kindle at all. It looks exactly that same as it did when it worked except the screen is stuck on the screensaver image.
nosmokingbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmokingbandit View Post
There is no visible damage to the kindle at all. It looks exactly that same as it did when it worked except the screen is stuck on the screensaver image.
If you're certain it's not a broken substrate, then I would unplug and replug the cable from the screen to the motherboard.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Sometimes they do that with a nearly dead battery, yet still mount. About $15 ("Free" shipping) for a battery from China. About 5 to 6 weeks shipping time.

Charge for ages and then do the hard reset. About 30 seconds, then hold home button when releasing? I forget. It offers to factory reset, no need if you see that message.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert