Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Cool Voyage 5.5.0 & 5.6.1: can't view Books in Collections mode

Previously, I could view books on my device and display them in Collections mode so that books that were in a collection would be shown within it and those that were not would be listed after the collections.

I can't seem to do this now; I can set the list to On Device and Books, but the only sorting options I have are Recent, Title, and Author. "Collection" does appear at the bottom of the menu but is greyed out.

Am I missing something, or is this option gone? If it is, it's not the end of the world, but I really miss it.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Is the Kindle still registered? It has to be for collections to be enabled.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This would suggest that either you have no collections, or that your Kindle is not registered.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is registered and the collections show up if I choose to view what's in the cloud.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then have you specified that the desired collections should be visible on the device? Long press on the selection name in Cloud view, and select "Show in all views".
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #6
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
i like collections view, my question is will the collection transfer when my voyage comes
or do i ! need do it manually
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Previously, I could view books on my device and display them in Collections mode so that books that were in a collection would be shown within it and those that were not would be listed after the collections.

I can't seem to do this now; I can set the list to On Device and Books, but the only sorting options I have are Recent, Title, and Author. "Collection" does appear at the bottom of the menu but is greyed out.

Am I missing something, or is this option gone? If it is, it's not the end of the world, but I really miss it.
Hi Buran,

I had exactly the same question on the Voyage when I upgraded from a K3, so I went through this with the help of the good folks here on MR. badgoodDeb was nice enough to repost the process in a separate thread. If you follow the thread, it will tell you how to get collections with the books not in collections after them.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=249620

Best wishes,
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #8
Buran
Geek

Voyage 5.5.0 & 5.6.1: can't view Books in Collections mode

Turned out that the collections needed to be copied to the device.

It's a little confusing that the sync option doesn't sync collections the first time, or at least offer with a prompt, but it works now.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Sian, you should check that link out too (up three messages). Collections stay in the cloud. The subset of collections that you wish to have appear on your kindle need to be specially marked. You view the "cloud", press and hold on the collection name, and tick "show in all views" -- which puts a star beside it. This collection will then show up ON the kindle too, even when not viewing the cloud. This way you can see a small part of your books "locally", on your kindle, even when you turn off the wifi. Or even if the wifi is actually on, when you merely say "I only want to look locally, at the DEVICE rather than the CLOUD". It's a nice way to look at a small part of your books at one time.

This way you can stop looking at all the books you already read, or have saved up but are not yet ready to read. You can look at a smaller set that, maybe, you might want to read in THIS millenium.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 11-25-2014 at 01:34 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #10
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
thank s will check that out its a big upgrad for me so think i have lots of question
some of them will seem silly . it going to take me a while

( kf is like pc version for me , well i know what i mean lol eg i clicked books
as carosel was too sensertive)
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Turned out that the collections needed to be copied to the device.

It's a little confusing that the sync option doesn't sync collections the first time, or at least offer with a prompt, but it works now.
Can you explain what you mean by "needed to be copied to the device"? All that should be necessary is the process that I described in post #5 above. Did you have to do something else?
Old 11-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harry -- now that the individual books only show within the collections if they've been downloaded (with a note saying "there are N more books in the cloud that aren't yet downloaded" (paraphrased) ) Is your comment still completely true? Only the collection would download, wouldn't it? Individual books would have to be chosen, to get them to download. I think?
Old 11-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes, sorry, I was referring to the collections themselves, rather than the books in them.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #14
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I wonder how that works, if you haven't yet downloaded ANY book that is in the collection you have starred. We might need a brand new kindle to find out?

edit: No, I guess just a collection that you haven't downloaded any books from. for. into. Whatever phrasing works best there.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I wonder how that works, if you haven't yet downloaded ANY book that is in the collection you have starred. We might need a brand new kindle to find out?

edit: No, I guess just a collection that you haven't downloaded any books from. for. into. Whatever phrasing works best there.
You'd only see it in "Cloud" view, not in "Device" view.