Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
The Storage Room in the Grey Void - John H. Carroll

My newest short story. Somewhat of a Twilight Zone-ish tale.

Kobo
Smashwords
Amazon
Apple
Barnes and Noble
Sony
Diesel

Video games bring entertainment and excitement to the lives of those who play them. New worlds and adventure await those so inclined to play. To satisfy those desires, corporations hire writers, programmers and game makers of every sort to create fantastic universes and fascinating characters.

But what of those characters created for those games? Perhaps they are a bit more real than we might think. Perhaps they have feelings and desires, much as we who play the games do. How do those characters feel about having to wake up every time a game is turned on, just to be attacked or beaten up by other characters within their world. Perhaps the adventure is not so much fun for them.

And what of the characters who don’t get included in the game? What is their fate? Do they still have feelings? Do they still have desires? This is the story of one such character, perhaps not important in the scheme of the game, but a character with desires and thoughts nonetheless.

Last edited by John Carroll; 09-04-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: fixed Kobo link
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I've updated the original post with links for B&N, Apple, Sony and Diesel.

If you should have another store you would like to see my stories in, please let me know. I'll see what I can do.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loneliness, neverwinter nights, ryallon, twilight zone, video game