Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #16
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
You'll have to dig really hard on the net. Search for TTS, Nuance, TomTom, 155mrf22, Spanish, Vocalizer.

Or wait a little bit longer, so I can prepare package for you.

I've been collecting voices listed in this topic for 3 weeks now ...

Last edited by seaniko7; 04-24-2011 at 07:36 PM.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 AM   #17
juancarlos
juancarlos began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3w
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
You'll have to dig really hard on the net. Search for TTS, Nuance, TomTom, 155mrf22, Spanish, Vocalizer.

I've been looking everywhere, but what I've found is not good or I haven't been able to convert them to the apropiate format.
I would be eternally grateful to you if you can prepare the package with a spanish voice.
P.S.: sorry for my bad english
juancarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #18
frdimitry
frdimitry began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Could you write how can I prepare package with different sounds (English+French, or English+German). Also I'd like to make package with Russian language. Could you help and write how to prepare it?
frdimitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #19
irlandete
irlandete began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile Many thanks

seaniko7, before adding myself to the TTS Spanish package waiting list, I have to say to you two words:

THANKS DUDE!

That said, I'll wait for the package.

Saludos!

Last edited by irlandete; 04-25-2011 at 02:59 PM.
irlandete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
juancarlos

Quote:

I have managed to build something in spanish, but I think that I'm missing some file (or some file/s isn't/aren't correct) because the voice is kind of intermitent and moreover it does not make a pause after a full stop.
At least I've tried it.
Anyway will wait for your package.
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #21
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

juancarlos here you go :

Drop "TTSMod" from "TTSMod_v4N_DiegoSP-MonicaSP" and a proper installer from "TTSMod_0.4N" into your root directory.
Then just execute update like you did installing jailbreak.

Just make sure you uninstalled any other TTS mods before installing this one.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/TTS...P-MonicaSP.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/TTSMod_0.4N.zip
Old 04-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #22
juancarlos

Quote:
juancarlos here you go :

Drop "TTSMod" from "TTSMod_v4N_DiegoSP-MonicaSP" and a proper installer from "TTSMod_0.4N" into your root directory.

seaniko7:
I just can say three things:
1- It Works Perfect.
2- THANK YOU very much.
3- I owe a beer to you.
If you need me for any testing just say it.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #23
luistfe
luistfe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
seaniko7:
I just can say three things:
1- It Works Perfect.
2- THANK YOU very much.
3- I owe a beer to you.
If you need me for any testing just say it.
You can put the steps for installation in Spanish?
Installation is similar to the launchpad?
Thanks

(Puedes poner los pasos para instalación en español?
Es similar a la instalación de launchpad?
Hay que tener un cuidado especial con algún paso?
Gracias de antemano)
luistfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #24
juancarlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by luistfe View Post
You can put the steps for installation in Spanish?
Installation is similar to the launchpad?
Thanks

(Puedes poner los pasos para instalación en español?
Es similar a la instalación de launchpad?
Hay que tener un cuidado especial con algún paso?
Gracias de antemano)
I'll answer in spanish as Luistfe asks (please forgive me the rest of the people but it's just a an explanation in spanish of the seaniko7's instructions).

Luistfe: Si ya tienes instalado el launchpad, sólo tiene que hacer lo siguiente:
Dentro del archivo TTSMod_0.4N.zip eliges el fichero que corresponda a tu Kindle; por ejemplo, el mio es el wifi y entonces el archivo es el "update_TTSMod_0.4N_k3w_install.bin".
Ese fichero lo copias al directorio raíz del Kindle.
Por otro lado dentro del fichero comprimido TTSMod_v4N_DiegoSP-MonicaSP.zip coges el directorio TTSMod y lo copias entero también al raíz del kindle.
Después enciendes el kindle y le haces un update (igual que cuando instalaste el launchpad)
¡y ya está!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #25
irlandete
irlandete began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
seaniko7: Many many thanks. I also owe a beer to you.

Regards!
irlandete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #26
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
juancarlos here you go :

Wow, another set set of voices. Thanks. Would be great if the author wrote some documentation/tutorial on how he proceeds, what is the structure of the TTS files, the tools he uses... I think many people would be curious to learn!

@seaniko7 It would be nice to also include sources in TTSNod_0.4N.zip
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #27
seaniko7
wannabe developer

PoP as soon as I finish v 0.5 ill write tutorial on making your own packages.

Whole process is fairly easy. There is nothing more than renaming these files, adding some if mod is suposed to be bilingual, editing *.hdr config files and finally preparing installer with launchpad script/update tool, which moves original files to safe directory and creates symbolic links to new voices on usb storage. Nothing really special...

I'm glad it works for you, guys.

Cheers.

btw (soxymora=seaniko7 for those who didn't know)
Old 04-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #28
luistfe
luistfe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
I'll answer in spanish as Luistfe asks (please forgive me the rest of the people but it's just a an explanation in spanish of the seaniko7's instructions).

Luistfe: Si ya tienes instalado el launchpad, sólo tiene que hacer lo siguiente:
Dentro del archivo TTSMod_0.4N.zip eliges el fichero que corresponda a tu Kindle; por ejemplo, el mio es el wifi y entonces el archivo es el "update_TTSMod_0.4N_k3w_install.bin".
Ese fichero lo copias al directorio raíz del Kindle.
Por otro lado dentro del fichero comprimido TTSMod_v4N_DiegoSP-MonicaSP.zip coges el directorio TTSMod y lo copias entero también al raíz del kindle.
Después enciendes el kindle y le haces un update (igual que cuando instalaste el launchpad)
¡y ya está!
Habrá que descomprimir el zip antes de copiarlo al kiindle;no? (SI)
No hay que añadir en el launchpad.ini la combinación de teclas que inicia el TTS? (NO NECESARIO)
Muchas gracias de todos modos.

Last edited by luistfe; 04-29-2011 at 12:59 PM.
luistfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:38 AM   #29
juancarlos

Cool

Quote:
PoP as soon as I finish v 0.5 ill write tutorial on making your own packages.

Whole process is fairly easy. There is nothing more than renaming these files, adding some if mod is suposed to be bilingual, editing *.hdr config files and finally preparing installer with launchpad script/update tool, which moves original files to safe directory and creates symbolic links to new voices on usb storage. Nothing really special...

I'm glad it works for you, guys.

Cheers.

btw (soxymora=seaniko7 for those who didn't know)
How is it going with version 0.5?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #30
broodingstorm
broodingstorm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm so excited someone has managed to do the impossible. You guys are the best!

I have a Kindle 2 and a Kindle 3G. I'm always traveling and commuting for work and use the TTS at least 4 hours a day if not more. I was excited about getting my K3G but Amazon changed the TTS voice/speeds. It's much more robotic now and extremely unpleasant to listen to. I swapped out my K3G three times with Amazon in hopes that perhaps it was some sort of chip corruption until finally one of the Amazon reps let it slip that the rumor around the office is the voice was tweaked to appease publishers that felt they were losing too much in audio book sales. So, I now lug around both kindles and only use my Kindle 2 when listening to TTS and then use the K3G for actual reading. I'd love to be able to just use my K3G though. I've been hoping someone would eventually make a TTS voice change possible... And you guys have!

Now, here's my question -- Is there a strictly TOM US english version of the hack? I only understand english and am afraid I won't use the other languages. Or, maybe is there even a hack with the original male K2 voice? It's not as snazzy as the newer enhanced Tom but I'd be more than happy with it than what's currently on my K3G.

I unfortunately have absolutely no clue how to create my own voice mod or where to get all the files. If I used the Daniel UK mod with Polish, would I have the option to just use Daniel to read english?

Last questions, I promise. The first step is to jailbreak my K3G before installing the ipad pkg, right? I just want to clarify it isn't an either or option. As well, when I open the zip file with the TTS Mod (without the instalator.ini) - Do I just drop this on the kindle like jailbreak and ipad? Then I drag the instalator.ini into the launchpad directory. Now, the confusing part is pressing shit+f+i. Is this on the kindle keyboard while it's still plugged in? Are the buttons pressed on my computer laptop with the kindle plugged in? Or do I eject the Kindle and just press the combination and not worry about what screen I'm in? On the kindle the shift key is the up arrow key on the bottom left, correct?

Sorry for the long ramble. LOL - I'm really not computer/kindle literate. I'd truly appreciate any help/suggestions shared.

Last edited by broodingstorm; 05-01-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: More questions
broodingstorm is offline   Reply With Quote