Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
dickhuta
dickhuta began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
BookMarks in Color Nook

Hi Everyone this is my first post ever. I just bought my Nook last night and am already loving it. I just have one nagging and annoyance that I know should be an easy find/fix. Can someone help me.

When using the Bookmark feature on an ebook. I bookmarked page 3 on an ebook and then moved on to read my book. I was on page 20 and wanted to go to my bookmark. I found my bookmark and it took me to page 3. How do I then go back to page 20? I know it should be simple but nothing is working. I tired to get the pages icon on the bottom near the arrow but it did not show up. I tried selecting the title at the top of page 3 but that did not work. I even went back to home then selected the "keep reading" button and it took me back to my bookmark page 3 not the last page read at page 20. I had to then scroll back to page 20. I know you are suppose to be able to go page to last page read and I must be doing something wrong. What am I doing wrong? I can't find anything when I google and the user guide only tells you how to go to a bookmark not what to do when you want to go back to last page read. HELP.
dickhuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
drv
Enthusiast
drv doesn't litterdrv doesn't litter

If I understand what you want to do and if I understand how the NC works, you must bookmark page 20 if you can go back to it. There is no way to toggle between two pages as you wish to do. The "Keep Reading" icon will take you back to the last page you were on when you "left" the book. That's why it goes back to page 3. That is the last page you were reading once you followed your bookmark back to it. IOW, the User Guide is describing exactly what you are seeing.
drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
dickhuta
dickhuta began at the beginning.

Thank you. That is easy enough to do. I for some reason just thought it would allow you to do that. Thank you for posting. :-)
dickhuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickhuta View Post
Thank you. That is easy enough to do. I for some reason just thought it would allow you to do that. Thank you for posting. :-)
That is one feature many people want. A "furthest read" link (or is it "farthest" ). We used to have it on the eink version. Now it only goes to bookmarked pages (both eink and color), so you have to always remember to bookmark your page if you ever want to go back. Very annoying. Hopefully they will give us the ability again. For those of us who read fantasy books that contain maps and need to go back and forth frequently it's a pain to remember to bookmark first...
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
mrmcmanus
mrmcmanus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (various), Nook color
I have discovered that if I plug my Nook Color into my computer to load a library book or one from a public domain site, after I have ejected and gone back to the Nook it has lost my place in the book. It comes up with the cover. So, as a "just in case," I have taken to always placing a bookmark on the last page I was reading. Then when I begin reading again, I remove it so that I don't end up with a load of these. Klutsy, but it works.
mrmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmcmanus View Post
I have discovered that if I plug my Nook Color into my computer to load a library book or one from a public domain site, after I have ejected and gone back to the Nook it has lost my place in the book.
I've had that happen regularly, too. I've also noticed that if I use the "n" button to go to the home page, then hit the resume reading button in the lower left, it usually goes back to where I was. But I always, always, always set a bookmark when I shut it down anyway.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Sorry to highjack the op's thread.

Can someone tell me if there is a quick method to set up a bookmark?

I notice a little blue drop down box in the upper right but cannot get it to do anything, seems there has to be a better way to create a bookmark than touching bottom and going to content then bookmarks.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Sorry to highjack the op's thread.

Can someone tell me if there is a quick method to set up a bookmark?

I notice a little blue drop down box in the upper right but cannot get it to do anything, seems there has to be a better way to create a bookmark than touching bottom and going to content then bookmarks.
I tap the corner to bring up the blue tab, then tap the center of the page. You'll see the tab get longer and darker. This fixes the bookmark in place
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookkatz View Post
I tap the corner to bring up the blue tab, then tap the center of the page. You'll see the tab get longer and darker. This fixes the bookmark in place
Thanks, that's quicker
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote