Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-21-2024, 10:42 AM   #1
iamMG
iamMG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
How to modify the E-Book Viewer Interface?

Hi all,
I'm finding the UI of the Viewer quite cluttered and ugly (red rectangle in the below image). How can I modify the source code/preferences so that the options are aligned along the green rectangle?

https://imgur.com/sPIZYbD
Edit: The image is not loading directly.
iamMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:44 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamMG View Post
Hi all,
I'm finding the UI of the Viewer quite cluttered and ugly (red rectangle in the below image). How can I modify the source code/preferences so that the options are aligned along the green rectangle?
https://imgur.com/sPIZYbD

You should go back and edit your post to attach the image to your message.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:48 AM   #3
iamMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should go back and edit your post to attach the image to your message.
I'm trying, but it won't load.

URL of the image is:
https://i.imgur.com/sPIZYbD.png
Old 02-21-2024, 10:53 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I'm trying, but it won't load.

URL of the image is:
https://i.imgur.com/sPIZYbD.png
Go to Advanced by clicking the Go Advance button. Under the message is a Manage Attachments button. Click that and you can upload your image.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:57 AM   #5
iamMG

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the unnessary discourse.

This is the image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre E-Book Viewer Interface.png
Views:	43
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	206495  
Old 02-21-2024, 11:05 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Putting them all in a row is not going to make them less cluttered. It just puts them in a single undifferentiated row. Currently related actions are on rows.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 11:11 AM   #7
iamMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Putting them all in a row is not going to make them less cluttered. It just puts them in a single undifferentiated row. Currently related actions are on rows.
I understand what you are saying, but I want to do it anyway. Please suggest a way.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:53 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but I want to do it anyway. Please suggest a way.
Run calibre from source and modify its source code to do whatever you like.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 03:25 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
The viewer has a toolbar that can be shown/hidden via Ctrl+F11.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-22 072026.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	206506

It's dockable, just drag the handle to your preferred edge.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edit, interface, modify, viewer