Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Sarah Rielle
Author
Sarah Rielle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile CAKE OR DEATH by Sarah Rielle

CAKE OR DEATH - now available on all amazon online stores. Only $3.99 !!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009I95W8Y

When Grace decided to enlist the help of her parents in leaving her abusive husband, she hadn’t realised she would be forbidden to change her mind.

Stranded in the Irish countryside of Kildare, recuperating, with only an overprotective hound for company, Grace did her best to deal with the awful news the hot doctor had delivered.

Hoping to just quietly waste away, she wasn’t expecting to reconnect with her family and discover unexpected, yet deeply healing friendships in her new surroundings. She had been so ashamed to bear her truth to people, but as it turned out, they all seemed to be dealing with issues of their own...
Sarah Rielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Wayoutwilly
Enthusiast
Wayoutwilly doesn't litterWayoutwilly doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen Gen3
Congratulations on your book!

I'm just wondering, Cake or Death, I've watched Eddie Izzard do a great stand up with "cake or death" in it - have you seen it? It was hilarious! But I'm not sure your book is about that... It looks kinda serious.
And, for some reason, I just thought that it would be great if cherry on your cover cupcake was a little skull.
But again, I'm rambling.

I just wanted to say, good luck with your book.
Wayoutwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Sarah Rielle
Author

Hi Wayoutwilly

Thanks so much!

I have seen that skit - loved the Dress to Kill show back in the day! (Do you have a flag?)This cake or death lego clip is also hilarious IMO (love how the cupcakes suddenly appear) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVjKlBCvhg

Anyway, yes, my book. At the beginning Grace does leave her husband due to domestic violence. However, the bulk of the book is actually light-hearted and humourous. It's about Grace's healing, moving on, and finding happiness, with a lot of cake and laughter along the way!

The power of a supportive (if imperfect) family, as well as new friendships without judgement or expectation (a horse and an elderly neighbour) are probably far stronger themes in this novel. It's also a bit tongue in cheek, as you may have guessed from the horse friendship!

Life can be tough, marriages end, domestic abuse is unfortunately prevalent...but this is a feel-good and heart-warming novel showing you can get through these hard times (with maybe a sneaky tear here and there).

Are you an author yourself? Are you still waiting to create a signature? Just wondering what kind of things you write?

BTW I like your skull suggestion - both the name and the cover are meant to portray the fun and lightness in this book, despite the heavy subject matter. Maybe I need to show more humour in my blurb! Also, I went with Cake or Death after various other titles ALSO turned out to have been previously used. I was advised (quite sarcastically) that Cake or Death was not trademarked by Eddie Izzard so just DO IT!

Thanks again for your well wishes! Hope your life endeavours are charging ahead
Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Wayoutwilly
Enthusiast
Wayoutwilly doesn't litterWayoutwilly doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen Gen3
Hm, your book sounds nice. Maybe not my cup of tea, but I like the overall idea, and think it could be a really charming movie Yes, charming is the right word here.

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Well, I hope your book does well. As I've said, a movie wouldn't be all that bad...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-15-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Wayoutwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Mary Thompson
Mary Thompson began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Congratulations Sarah for your book!!!

I am looking new titles to list in my library, so I will be purchasing Cake or death! It sounds very interesting
I like your book cover too!

Great day!

Mary
Mary Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
Sarah Rielle
Author

Thanks Wayoutwilly - yes I'm expecting the call re movie rights any day now! Will keep you posted

That's great Mary - I hope you enjoy it! Glad you like the cover. Feel free to leave an honest review!

Sarah