Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
peterpalmieri
peterpalmieri began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The Art of Forgetting

Hello everyone,

Thanks for stopping by to read about my new novel, The Art of Forgetting.
It's a 90,000 word medical suspense that takes place in the suburbs of Chicago. And yes, I am a physician (seems to be the first question people ask me to verify my credentials as a writer of medical fiction).

I've written a couple of non-fiction books before but this is my first novel. But I didn't just wake up one morning and decided to write a novel (well, I sort of did -- but that was about ten years ago). I twice attended the SEAK medical fiction writing course taught by Tess Gerritsen and Michael Palmer, I attended the fabled Story seminar taught by Robert McKee and enrolled in a novel writing curriculum through SMU. And of course, I read, read and read.

Here's a brief synopsis of my novel:
Dr. Lloyd Copeland is a young neurologist who is tormented by the conviction that he has inherited the severe, early-onset dementia that has plagued his family for generations – the very disease which spurred his father to take his own life when Lloyd was just a child. Withdrawn to a life of emotional detachment, he looks for solace in hollow sexual trysts as a way to escape his throbbing loneliness. Still, he clings to the hope that the highly controversial treatment for memory loss he’s been researching will free him from his family’s curse.

But when odd mishaps take place in his laboratory, his research is blocked by a hospital review board headed by Erin Kennedy: a beautiful medical ethicist with a link to his troubled childhood. The fight to salvage his reputation and recover the hope for his own cure brings him face to face with sordid secrets that rock his very self-identity. And to make matters worse, he finds himself falling irretrievably in love with the very woman who seems intent on thwarting his efforts.

If you have a chance, check out my webpage: theartofforgettingbook.wordpress.com

and the Amazon page for my novel: [Link deleted - MODERATOR]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Peter Palmieri

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-21-2013 at 12:47 PM.
peterpalmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

MobileRead does not allow shortened URLs. You need take the time to become familiar with our posting guidelines for self-promotion, please, before you make another post.

Your tiny URL has been deleted.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Here's the book over at Amazon.
Amazon U.S.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
It is also available at Kobo.
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote