How many Kobo books have you bought?

Was the ordering process easy?
Any glitches?
Have you loaded up on free books?
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Just as easy as on the computer once you've figured out the interface. No problem at all. Just bought one using store creditand loaded some others that were already in my library. Downloads pretty much as quickly as my touch with the advantage of being able to buy "in app" instead of in a browser.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
just loaded some free ones from Kobo and it went smooth, just logged in to my account and "bought" them and the Vox downloaded them straight away.

Loaded a bunch of free ones i found online on using the usb connection and it worked fine
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just book two in Game of Thrones so far, on sale for $5. I use gutenberg a lot.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I've bought 4 for the Vox so far (all kids books). Ordering books is easy...my beef is that they aren't categorized very well, and the search functionality does not really work well. I complained to a higher-up at Kobo about the search - and that I even searched by ISBN for a book that I couldn't find by title (but I found it on the kobo bookstore on my PC, but for some reason couldn't find it on the mobile store...?), and THAT didn't work either! I believe they are aware that their search functionality is not really that advanced (try doesn't work at all) and needs improvement. But, no worries - for now, the selection of Vox books is small, so browsing through them wasn't too onerous...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
keithmoonkin
keithmoonkin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I bought the Stand last night. I have it for kindle, but I think I am ready to move over to the Kobo platform. I really like to see what page I am on in the current chapter.
keithmoonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmoonkin View Post
I bought the Stand last night. I have it for kindle, but I think I am ready to move over to the Kobo platform. I really like to see what page I am on in the current chapter.
There are magical ways to convert the kindle book into an ePUB. I learned how from Uncle Alf.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Alf, Alf, he's our man. If he can't read it, NO ONE can
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
we go to the same places...there's lots more than just Kindle that can be converted! Plugins for Calibre are awesome!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
I love the fact I can buy with my paypal account. Odd that it is on the site proper but not in the app as an option. Deadly too!
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I've bought 4 for the Vox so far (all kids books).
Pokee, you may want to take a look at the kids section of the online Calgary Public Library. There are some resources there that you do not need a library card to use. I took a look and they are terrific on the Vox.

http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/a...umblebooks.asp
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Pokee, you may want to take a look at the kids section of the online Calgary Public Library. There are some resources there that you do not need a library card to use. I took a look and they are terrific on the Vox.

http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/a...umblebooks.asp
Thanks Taming...I can get Tumblebooks through my local library, too - but I thought you needed a special reading app for these books (Tumblepad 2.0) and they are only readable online or downloadable for use with Tumblepad on your PC? How did you get some to work on your Vox?

Incidentally, the BC Online Library completely sucks compared to the Calgary Library - especially for kids picture books. For example, when you see how many books there are in the kids fiction category in Calgary compared to BC - it's double! To make matters worse, most of the books in the BC Online Library for kids are YA Novels or Chapter Books - hardly any picture books! And the picture books I could find were Disney books and only good on the PC or MAC. And if you look in the kids fiction category on the Calgary Online Library, it's mostly young kids picture books. So, not only does BC have a crappy selection, that's what the ENTIRE province needs to use, not just one CITY! WTF?!

There's our high provincial tax dollars put to good use...

Last edited by pokee; 11-05-2011 at 12:25 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote