Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7", Kobo Aura
Reading Mantano E-Pub Book

Hi. I loaded my older e-pub books onto the Fire thru Mantano. When I read one the cover does not show up on carousel-only the Mantano app. Is there a way to get the book cover that I am reading to show up on the carousel?
travelingsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingsandy View Post
Hi. I loaded my older e-pub books onto the Fire thru Mantano. When I read one the cover does not show up on carousel-only the Mantano app. Is there a way to get the book cover that I am reading to show up on the carousel?
Nope. The shelves are only for Kindle books. Mantano books will only display books in their app on the Fire. If you have another Tablet or Android device you can use the shortcut feature to add books to your home screen but the Fire has this feature disabled.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks Blossom, that answers that question.

Another question, if I may. Is there a way to disable the function that everytime you open an app, book, etc--it appears on the carousel--then you have to physically remove it from the carousel?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingsandy View Post
Thanks Blossom, that answers that question.

Another question, if I may. Is there a way to disable the function that everytime you open an app, book, etc--it appears on the carousel--then you have to physically remove it from the carousel?
I wish there was. Anything removed from the carousel will be added again after the next use of the item. I don't mind books on there but the other stuff drives me nuts.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
travelingsandy
Connoisseur

Thanks again. I thought it was worth a question. You are right, they other apps on the carousel everytime you open them can drive you crazy. Oh well, still love the Fire, so will have to put up with it. Maybe they will fix in an update.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Nothing to fix as this is Amazons built in feature and the way they wanted their media consumption device setup.

Most users don't like it but that's the way it is on the Fire unless you root to remove the AZ setup or sideload a different launcher app to make it look like a real android instead.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote