Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
mooseuk
mooseuk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650/600
Sony Collection Name Help

Hi

I have a Sony PRS650 and am using Calibre 0.7.29

I have created a custom column called "Read" this is a text column and the data is either "Read", "UnRead" or "Reading"

I have added #read, to my collection line in the Sony Device Interface Plugin.

The Collections then appear on my Reader as follows, with the column name in brackets:

Read (Read)
Unread (Read)
Reading (Read)

Is there any way to stop the bracketed column name appearing so that the collections simply appear as :

Read
Unread
Reading

Or is this fixed behaviour with the Calibre/Sony combination

Thanks
mooseuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseuk View Post
Is there any way to stop the bracketed column name appearing

Or is this fixed behaviour with the Calibre/Sony combination
IIRC this is a fixed behavior. Of course my recollection might be wrong and someone may come behind me and correct my recall.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See the tweak (preferences -> advanced -> tweaks) sony_collection_renaming_rules. It lets you do what you are asking for, and much more.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Of course my recollection might be wrong and someone may come behind me and correct my recall.
See the tweak (preferences -> advanced -> tweaks) sony_collection_renaming_rules. It lets you do what you are asking for, and much more.
There you go.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I go the simple way and just delete them after I read them although that wouldn't work for the reading.
Works for me as I upload an author at a time and they stay till I have read them. But I can see why it wouldn't work for some. Occasionally I don't finish a book but if I actually want to finish it I will remember enough to find it agai without too much pain.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 03:58 AM   #6
mooseuk
mooseuk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650/600
Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks

This worked perfectly
mooseuk is offline   Reply With Quote